Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cost of Columi and Rakata

Basslo
03.17.2012 , 11:09 AM | #1
Hi, i am new to MMOs but know that everytime a new endgame tier set has been introduced in wow, the cost or difficulty to obtain of old sets have been reduced.
now i see in the patchnotes that the cost of tionese has been reduced. but what about columi and rakata?
i am asking because i have saved up a bunch of columi commendations and am unsure whether to spend them now or after tha patch has gone live.

thanks!

Polygnom
03.17.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Basslo View Post
Hi, i am new to MMOs but know that everytime a new endgame tier set has been introduced in wow, the cost or difficulty to obtain of old sets have been reduced.
WoW did not do that until mid-Wrath. Before then, it was as difficult to get the old gear as it was when it was current gear. When theres nothing said about columi/rakata, then theres nothing changed. besides, my operative is 50 two weeks now and full columi, and i have got just 2 raid drops in both nh and hc raids. So getting full columi is quite easy as it is, why should they nerf that further?
There were circling stars, breathing stars, pulsating stars and dying stars. There was the Death Star.

Basslo
03.17.2012 , 12:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Polygnom View Post
So getting full columi is quite easy as it is, why should they nerf that further?
I see... but then again Rakata is more difficult to get, since you cant buy them for commendations...

NightWraithes
03.17.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
While I won't stroke my e-peen like the poster above.... They are reducing Tionese purchases, rightfully so since it was easier to get columi in most cases than Tionese.

But, they are also making it considerably easier to get columi now as well. Since they took off the lockout on hardmodes you can essentially run a hardmode over and over and over until you get the token for your class.

Quote:
Kaon Under Siege has been removed from the mission [WEEKLY] Galactic Conflicts. It is now part of a new mission combined with Lost Island: [WEEKLY] Rakghoul Conflicts.
Lost Island is now part of the following missions: [DAILY] Emerging Conflicts V and [DAILY] Galactic Conflicts.
It is no longer possible to share certain Flashpoint missions with party members who are on preliminary steps of that mission, as they could cause mission blocking issues.
Random loot on some bosses in Normal Mode Flashpoints has been significantly improved.
Lockouts have been removed from Hard Mode Flashpoints.
You will no longer lose access to a Flashpoint phase immediately after defeating the final boss. Access is removed upon completing the [FLASHPOINT] mission.

Daeada
03.17.2012 , 12:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWraithes View Post
But, they are also making it considerably easier to get columi now as well. Since they took off the lockout on hardmodes you can essentially run a hardmode over and over and over until you get the token for your class.
This. Combined with this.

Quote:
Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.

Basslo
03.17.2012 , 01:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWraithes View Post
While I won't stroke my e-peen like the poster above....
thanks for discouraging me once again to post here. hostility around here is mind boggling.

NotDonnaReed
03.17.2012 , 02:15 PM | #7
If it makes you feel any better, I think he meant to insult the other guy.

Roxinius
03.17.2012 , 02:35 PM | #8
im 90% certain they said if you want to start HM EC you will need to have a fair amount of Rakata so thats why