Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

KavikaDestroyer's Avatar


KavikaDestroyer
03.18.2012 , 11:29 AM | #21
For those wanting actual class info/numbers read the link and be informed:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/15/swtor-ov...-distribution/

ChrisYou's Avatar


ChrisYou
03.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by polaktoma View Post
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

and the new assassin pve set = nail in the coffin
horrendous!

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
03.18.2012 , 12:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by wtfnonamefree View Post
Strange that you mention mercs. The only troublesome (read making a dent in my hp^^) matchup is mirror or some maras/sentinels and powertechs.

Mercs just go splat.
A matchup doesn't mean you see someone and jump them and then kill them. By this defintiion an Assassin would never lose to anybody.

There are a lot of fights against Mercs, especially on Huttball, where you begin the fight with 5 stacks of Tracer Missiles because you didn't see the Merc while you're fighting someone else.

Powertechs aren't even a challenge for Darkness unless they get lucky with Railshot procs and there's really nothing you can do about that if they get lucky.

Anastatius's Avatar


Anastatius
03.18.2012 , 01:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PolakToma View Post
Am I rite?

I feel like Assassins are the Vanilla Paladins from WoW, we are a over popular class that is being hit by non stop minor nerfs and no needed buffs what so ever to get our population down.

There have been little to no improvements to our classes and the 1.2 notes show us how we have NO love from the devs what so and they never directly comment on our class unless its to be nerfed such as the comment about us taking the tank spec with pvp gear and doing "too much damage"

Time to reroll again
I'm going to assume you were high when you wrote this and give you a pass. If you weren't high, don't tell me. Just please do reroll. Preferably to another game.

Toxification's Avatar


Toxification
03.18.2012 , 05:55 PM | #25
I'm not sure how many of you actually looked in-depth at the patch notes for arsenal mercenaries but they didn't actually get nerfed.

Those spamming tracer missile got nerfed but the sustainable damage of the class got a very slight buff(from a mercenary on the PTS)

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
03.18.2012 , 06:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxification View Post
I'm not sure how many of you actually looked in-depth at the patch notes for arsenal mercenaries but they didn't actually get nerfed.

Those spamming tracer missile got nerfed but the sustainable damage of the class got a very slight buff(from a mercenary on the PTS)
Un no because Assassins eat Unload for breakfast (apparently their new goto move) with an innate 10% defense, and lightning reflexes can trigger on all 6 hits in an Unload. Also, their barrier loses 1% of defense, which is actually pretty significant (looking at 35% mitigation instead of 40% now) so you'll be able to burn them down faster. Yes Unload is actually very powerful, but Assassins are probably the strongest class against non Force/Tech type attack in the game since we start with 10% evade and you can get 4% more from the bottom of the Darkness tree.

Hermagaddon's Avatar


Hermagaddon
03.18.2012 , 06:11 PM | #27
Personally i like the Tankassasin as it is. There are only 3 minor changes i would like to see.

An increase on range in both Wither and Mass Mind Control. Seeing as how i often have it that there is one enemy just outside of its range.

And a slightly bit more armor. 3-5%

Apart from that i think the Tankassasin is fine as it is.


The dps assasin however is pretty bad. from my own experience it does both less damage and can take less damage then the other dps classes.


~Edited~

Oh wait there is one thing i would love to see even more. A slight increase in force. As i never seem to have enough.

Dhariq's Avatar


Dhariq
03.22.2012 , 07:01 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hermagaddon View Post
An increase on range in both Wither and Mass Mind Control. Seeing as how i often have it that there is one enemy just outside of its range.

And a slightly bit more armor. 3-5%

Apart from that i think the Tankassasin is fine as it is.
I agree to that Wither could use a slightly larger area. Aoe threat is such an issue sometimes but well this is no biggie since people can just adjust I suppose to the fact that tanks in this game don't tank as much.

I also agree that we could use a tiny bit more armour. Not much though, perhaps 3% as you mentioned.

I would also like that Dark Ward did not have charges since we go from on par and just fine to pretty worthless when it drops. It should be enough that we have to spam it to get up to the mitigation other tanks have doing nothing. We even loose our 2 piece pve bonus when it drops.


If we got this I would consider assassin tanking pretty much fixed and done.

PolakToma's Avatar


PolakToma
03.22.2012 , 09:34 AM | #29
Like I stated before, I think our Tank aspect is fine, I think our other two specs are terrible especially Deception.

PVE - Sure we have some decent DPS when we get a target standing still that you dont have to run away from their attacks every five seconds that cause DPS to stop as opposed to Ranged DPS who get to sit back in safety and just fire away to their hearts content.

PVP - Terrible, the amount of melee damage you can do as Deception is laughable, I can go Tank spec and deal out twice the damage as a Tank than I can with Deception.

IMO - Deception needs a severe buff to its Melee abilities to be at LEAST on par with the other melee classes in the game at this current stage (being on par with range will never happen).

Right now we are all glass and NO cannon, anyone who argues differently is under 50 and has no idea what pvping at 50 is with everyone having BM gear.

PolakToma's Avatar


PolakToma
03.22.2012 , 09:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Anastatius View Post
I'm going to assume you were high when you wrote this and give you a pass. If you weren't high, don't tell me. Just please do reroll. Preferably to another game.
Oh boy how old are you? Ten?

If you think that our DPS as Deception is REMOTELY fine then you are obviously a noob under 50. At 50 with everyone in BM gear youll see a drastic difference in our class and see the only way to compete in PVP is with our Tank spec and DPS gear and even then it takes a year to kill something.

If you say Deception is fine the way it is, you are high not me, its pretty obvious how terrible our DPS is when people you are attacking don't even stop to waste their time with you.

Full BM gear - V/S V/S Recklessness Shock Discharge rinse and repeat for our DPS simply does not get the job post 50