Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

PolakToma
03.17.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1
Am I rite?

I feel like Assassins are the Vanilla Paladins from WoW, we are a over popular class that is being hit by non stop minor nerfs and no needed buffs what so ever to get our population down.

There have been little to no improvements to our classes and the 1.2 notes show us how we have NO love from the devs what so and they never directly comment on our class unless its to be nerfed such as the comment about us taking the tank spec with pvp gear and doing "too much damage"

Time to reroll again

Relatz
03.17.2012 , 10:57 AM | #2
sounds like you're awful at this game

LordExozone
03.17.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3
Uhm, assassins are great PvE tanks, outshining Juggernauts in all respects and in some situations even Powertechs, and they are the best 1 on 1 class in PvP (with only Marauders coming close).

You have excellent all-round survivability, a near guaranteed chance to start a fight on your terms, effective escape methods in case something goes wrong, a ton of crowd control, and a respectable damage output.

I don't think the universe could handle even more Assassin love
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

PolakToma
03.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #4
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

And the new Assassin PVE set = nail in the coffin

PolakToma
03.17.2012 , 11:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Uhm, assassins are great PvE tanks, outshining Juggernauts in all respects and in some situations even Powertechs, and they are the best 1 on 1 class in PvP (with only Marauders coming close).

You have excellent all-round survivability, a near guaranteed chance to start a fight on your terms, effective escape methods in case something goes wrong, a ton of crowd control, and a respectable damage output.

I don't think the universe could handle even more Assassin love

Iam mainly talking about the lack of buffs for Deception which is terrible by far, there shouldnt only be ONE spec thats good from the 3 that being Darkness

mausty
03.17.2012 , 02:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PolakToma View Post
Iam mainly talking about the lack of buffs for Deception which is terrible by far, there shouldnt only be ONE spec thats good from the 3 that being Darkness
Keep in mind a lot of classes received nerfs, so by us staying the same we gain some ground

Rocketride
03.17.2012 , 02:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PolakToma View Post
http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

And the new Assassin PVE set = nail in the coffin
You "assassin suck" post includes "my armor doesn't look cool." Is this a elaborate joke?
<The Turks>
"a classy & respectable display" -_Kayko_
Blightning, Socr; Rafiq, P-Tech
Jedi Covenant US

Senoko
03.17.2012 , 02:11 PM | #8
I hope you know the reason why there are no changes for Assassins is because we are FINE AS IS. If you don't think we are then you are blind.
Senoko lvl 50 Sith Assassin - The Crucible Pits
Latest PvP video! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2f10CulLBE

Blyter
03.17.2012 , 02:16 PM | #9
The irony here is, the only classes that were currently beating us on theorycrafted/ crunched numbers were Sorcs and Tracer Missiles I mean err wait, Bounty Hounters. Both of those took nerfs.

Right now, Deception has the highest burst DPS and is arguably the most lethal 1 on 1 spec, when not facing a tank. Madness has the highest theoretical PvE DPS.

So lets see here:

Darkness = Best PvE Tank
Deception = Very solid, and arguably a top notch PvP spec outside of AoE spam fest warzones.
Madness = Highest PvE DPS

Yeah, I would say we are pretty unloved.

Ch_Zero
03.17.2012 , 02:20 PM | #10
I actually played a ret paladin even before they had pvp in WoW all up to WOTLK

Deception Assassin feels almost like a pre BC ret pally.

it's funny how i always pick the ignored spec/class

I just enjoy the burst i suppose :O

Darkness > deception in PVE and PVP