Yoda vs Exar Kun

BrandonSM

It would be an epic showdown, but I believe Clone Wars Yoda beats Sith Lord Exar Kun by a slim margin. Kun was extremely powerful in his prime.

Now, in NJO when he puts Luke into a coma, that was as a Force Ghost. Could he have done that back when he was alive? Probably not.

Yoda was the baddest little dude in the Galaxy. Palpatine beat him by luck. When Yoda got that "You're goin' down, boy!" look on his face, I thought "Oh DAMN! He brought a six-pack of whoopass for Palpatine and has a whole case of resupply on the way!" :eek:

Then Palpatine got lucky and the little dude had to retreat. :p

What it ultimately boils down to is "Whose plot armor is strongest?"

Edited by Captain_Zone

It would be an epic showdown, but I believe Clone Wars Yoda beats Sith Lord Exar Kun by a slim margin. Kun was extremely powerful in his prime.

Now, in NJO when he puts Luke into a coma, that was as a Force Ghost. Could he have done that back when he was alive? Probably not.

Yoda was the baddest little dude in the Galaxy. Palpatine beat him by luck. When Yoda got that "You're goin' down, boy!" look on his face, I thought "Oh DAMN! He brought a six-pack of whoopass for Palpatine and has a whole case of resupply on the way!" :eek:

Then Palpatine got lucky and the little dude had to retreat. :p

What it ultimately boils down to is "Whose plot armor is strongest?"

Palps did not beat him by luck... in fact Yoda surviving can be called lucky.

And if you luck at some of Palps feats he crushes most in combat and smarts.

Hey, I give full props to Pally for making Machiavelli look like a grade school playground bully. :D

He orchestrated a FAKE WAR in order to take over the Republic from within and transform it into the Galactic Empire. First time in Star Wars history that has been done! Before, the Empire was always an outside entity.

Palpatine nearly pulled off the perfect "bloodless coup" with the exception of eradicating the Jedi. They were the only ones who could oppose him. He fooled EVERYONE for quite a while.

As to his power, I've only seen ExU referrences to it that make him God Mode powerful. He would have to be powerful to mask the Dark Side Corruption that was obviously already there, though. Considering his mask didn't drop until Mace Windu reflected the Force Lightning back at him. Yoda was also extremely powerful by all accounts. Matter of luck or plot armor? Tbh, I think Yoda lost because it was in the script. lol

Hey, I give full props to Pally for making Machiavelli look like a grade school playground bully. :D

He orchestrated a FAKE WAR in order to take over the Republic from within and transform it into the Galactic Empire. First time in Star Wars history that has been done! Before, the Empire was always an outside entity.

Palpatine nearly pulled off the perfect "bloodless coup" with the exception of eradicating the Jedi. They were the only ones who could oppose him. He fooled EVERYONE for quite a while.

As to his power, I've only seen ExU referrences to it that make him God Mode powerful. He would have to be powerful to mask the Dark Side Corruption that was obviously already there, though. Considering his mask didn't drop until Mace Windu reflected the Force Lightning back at him. Yoda was also extremely powerful by all accounts. Matter of luck or plot armor? Tbh, I think Yoda lost because it was in the script. lol

Hmm.... The thing is The Council "hated" Palps. But to arrest or execute him would be impossible becuase Palps controlled the senate. They knew soemthing was up with him as soon as he became chancellor.

Sid has performed abilities Yoda could only dream of not to sound like a fanboy. But it really is the truth. In the RoTS novelization you see how Yoda was struggling to keep up with Palps and how Palps was waiting Yoda out until he dropped.

Hmm.... The thing is The Council "hated" Palps. But to arrest or execute him would be impossible becuase Palps controlled the senate. They knew soemthing was up with him as soon as he became chancellor.

Sid has performed abilities Yoda could only dream of not to sound like a fanboy. But it really is the truth. In the RoTS novelization you see how Yoda was struggling to keep up with Palps and how Palps was waiting Yoda out until he dropped.

Fair point. Now, I believe the Council didn't suspect much until he took the "emergency war powers" or something like that. Can't remember the exact phrasing. They were concerned that he had held power for too long already without an election.

According to TOR lore, the only other Supreme Chancellor to hold power for longer was Blotus the Hutt, who actually kept getting re-elected. He served for over 600 years and ushered in a golden age for the Republic. Discovered that datacron on Dromund Kaas, in fact. lol

They had nothing to arrest him for, though. Since his power was granted to him by the senate, he had done nothing overtly illegal to obtain it. At least on the surface. That was the perfect part of his plan. The Trade Federation and Seps were never linked to Palpatine, because his secret identity kept him safe. The TF and Sep leaders believed he would reward them after everything was over. Yeah, NEVER trust an evil Sith Lord. lol

As much as the Jedi Council suspected him, he had done nothing to even arouse suspicion besides take the power that was given to him by the Senate. Then since the clone troopers were made to his specs, he issued Special Order 66 to eliminate the Jedi. Would have worked, but he underestimated them. Quite a few survived to mount a resistance, or wait it out for the new "chosen one" to appear. Hopefully, the new series (if it ever gets made) will shed some light on how it all went down between RotS and ANH.

Fair point. Now, I believe the Council didn't suspect much until he took the "emergency war powers" or something like that. Can't remember the exact phrasing. They were concerned that he had held power for too long already without an election.

According to TOR lore, the only other Supreme Chancellor to hold power for longer was Blotus the Hutt, who actually kept getting re-elected. He served for over 600 years and ushered in a golden age for the Republic. Discovered that datacron on Dromund Kaas, in fact. lol

They had nothing to arrest him for, though. Since his power was granted to him by the senate, he had done nothing overtly illegal to obtain it. At least on the surface. That was the perfect part of his plan. The Trade Federation and Seps were never linked to Palpatine, because his secret identity kept him safe. The TF and Sep leaders believed he would reward them after everything was over. Yeah, NEVER trust an evil Sith Lord. lol

As much as the Jedi Council suspected him, he had done nothing to even arouse suspicion besides take the power that was given to him by the Senate. Then since the clone troopers were made to his specs, he issued Special Order 66 to eliminate the Jedi. Would have worked, but he underestimated them. Quite a few survived to mount a resistance, or wait it out for the new "chosen one" to appear. Hopefully, the new series (if it ever gets made) will shed some light on how it all went down between RotS and ANH.

Nope, when he took emergency powers that was when the Council decided to make a plan. In the ROTS Novelization they used Anakin as the onyl connection between the Council and the Chancellor.

Exactly, they had no real reason other than "I have a bad feeling my gutt about that man". But when Anakin said he was Sith, Mace and soem of the best duelists in the order went to cofnrotn him.

In between ROTS and ANH, the survivors either fought or hid. And the ones that fought usually died, in fact I think all of them died except for Rahm Kota who amazingly survived and was part fo the RA.

Nope, when he took emergency powers that was when the Council decided to make a plan. In the ROTS Novelization they used Anakin as the onyl connection between the Council and the Chancellor.

Exactly, they had no real reason other than "I have a bad feeling my gutt about that man". But when Anakin said he was Sith, Mace and soem of the best duelists in the order went to cofnrotn him.

In between ROTS and ANH, the survivors either fought or hid. And the ones that fought usually died, in fact I think all of them died except for Rahm Kota who amazingly survived and was part fo the RA.

Would still be fun to see how it all happens. Definitely hoping for the series after seeing who all has submitted scripts for it. Some big names in there.

Hmm? Hmmm?

Yoda is canonically the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke.

Exar Kun was the best of his time, no doubt about that.

i dont know he couldnt defeat ulic quel droma in a duel in a first place. He also wasnt very sucessefull in his time. he end up surrounded by jedi and republic forces in the end.

yoda doesn't luck out, he is aware of everything going on

yoda actually does win according to the base cgi fight scenes on the bonus discs, if you've seen the blu ray deleted scenes. It would've made little sense to show the emperor flee through the roof AFTER he realises he can't defeat yoda, and then have yoda flee from trooper fire. i think in that moment of pushback during the battle with sidious yoda forsees the future, the force implosion must've caused a premonition or something

as for yoda vs exar kun, my votes on the little green guy

yoda doesn't luck out, he is aware of everything going on

yoda actually does win according to the base cgi fight scenes on the bonus discs, if you've seen the blu ray deleted scenes. It would've made little sense to show the emperor flee through the roof AFTER he realises he can't defeat yoda, and then have yoda flee from trooper fire. i think in that moment of pushback during the battle with sidious yoda forsees the future, the force implosion must've caused a premonition or something

as for yoda vs exar kun, my votes on the little green guy

Deleted Scenes aren't canon. Yoda never stood a chance against Sidious.

Leland Chee

RoTS Novelization

And the ROTS Movie, Yoda fled.

Edited by BrandonSM

Yoda's kung-fu was strong.

Palpatine's plot armor was stronger.

Pretty much.

As for the original topic.

I am inclined to say:

NJO Kun>RotS Yoda>OSW Kun.

Simply cause he put Luke into a Coma, I think it's fair to say Luke was on a level with RotS Yoda at that time, if not slightly weaker.