Expertise Change (with graph!)

Daellia

The diminishing return formula for several stats (including expertise) has been adjusted.

In reference to this change, I've dug up the changes to the stat. The cap is going from 20% to 50%, but the initial slope is being decreased to compensate. The basic gist is that under 300 rating, you lose a slight amount of benefit (you won't really notice a difference), but the stat falls off less as you get more. At 300 rating, expertise will be about 1% better than current. By 500 rating, Expertise will be about 9.5% better than current. If 1000 rating ever becomes reachable, it'll be about 30% better than current.

Here's a graph comparing the total benefit over a range of 0 to 1000 expertise:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=257

Here's another showing 0 through 2500, so you can more clearly see the difference in shape:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=256

Edited by Daellia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to this change, I've dug up the changes to the stat. The cap is going from 20% to 50%, but the initial slope is being decreased to compensate. The basic gist is that under 300 rating, you lose a slight amount of benefit (you won't really notice a difference), but the stat falls off less as you get more. At 300 rating, expertise will be about 1% better than current. By 500 rating, Expertise will be about 9.5% better than current. If 1000 rating ever becomes reachable, it'll be about 30% better than current.

Here's a graph comparing the total benefit over a range of 0 to 1000 expertise:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=252

You seriously couldn't have used two completely diff looking colors for the lines?

looks like a nerf to me. People who have 700 expertise now are going to see their percents drop by what? 3 percent?

Someone is either colorblind or read the graph wrong. :)

It seems to me that there is LESS diminishment above 300, so you should have a higher percentage. That is unless my colorblindness is getting the best of me OR I fail at reading graphs. lol

looks like a nerf to me. People who have 700 expertise now are going to see their percents drop by what? 3 percent?

I'd get a refund on my high school tuition if I were you. While you are at it, a middle school/junior high refund might be something you need to look at also.

Edited by Ozzone

Wow, you people are a little harsh. lol

I think this means healers will be even harder to kill now, especially so when they have a tank with them. I wonder what the implications will be.

-breaks out crystal ball-

I foresee more qq about healers.

I think BW could solve a lot of their balance issues by hiring a Zen master. lol

Bingo. Next whine: we can't kill anyone anymore - nerf healers

I think BW could solve a lot of their balance issues by hiring a Zen master. lol

Well BW claims they listen. Guess the whiners won. There are enough of them.

Edited by Ozzone

At 700 Expertise Rating, a player would have 14.8904% in 1.2, compared to 12.6230% in 1.1.5. That's a 17.9619% increase in benefit per point.

Wow, you people are a little harsh. lol

I think this means healers will be even harder to kill now, especially so when they have a tank with them. I wonder what the implications will be.

The healers are already qqing about their specific nerfs. But this change wont affect them any more than it affects anyone else.

it doesnt look like the line curves at all, it looks like there is no diminishing return..

That's more a product of the scale I was using than anything else. For reference, I've added a link to the OP showing the graph out to 2500 rating, where you can clearly see the DR curvature.

Edited by Daellia