Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 New armor models!

JediCahlwyn
04.01.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by rodgambit View Post

Will the space commendation bought armors, slave outfits and various other orange vendor bought pieces have schematics or some way to create a version with the crit augemented slot?

Thanks
I don't THINK so BUT they said (not in 1.2 but soonish) crafters will be able to ADD augment slots to other gear.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Firiel
04.01.2012 , 05:13 PM | #1012
I was wearing modded Ablative Plasteel set until I started getting my first champion/rakata pieces (while skipping on columni, centurion and all that crap) because this was the most appropriate look for my sith marauder. A look that felt like im playing Star Wars character. Unfortunately I cannot continue wearing it since it is not possible to reach the same stats as high end armor. One thing is for sure ...I will ALWAYS prefer to wear simple armor which looks like it belongs in the Star Wars universe instead of those hideous and poorly designed sets that they are trying to push us as "High End"....

darthgundam
04.01.2012 , 05:51 PM | #1013
I think there's a general opinion being expressed here. I love this game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. The character concept designers widely missed the mark on the Star Wars feel here. Like others have stated on this board, look up "sith" on google images. They have a basic formula really. Black and Red, dark robes or cloaks, hoods, cool helms or masks... My main is a War Hero inquisitor and I'm gonna be down right embarrassed to where the new tiers of gear. I already refused to wear the Rakata helm. I understand the argument of higher level players wanting to standout from the rest. I agree with it but... Look at Darth Maul, Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus, the sith appearance of the apprentice in Force Unleashed, even Malgus with his robe on and the standard sith in the SWTOR trailers... They all look mean and epic without having this "over the top", eccentric, flamboyant, clown look. We wanna look ominous and deadly. We don't wanna look like our girlfriends forced us to go out to a masquerade ball. Again, I love this game. I usually never complain on the forums but, I really hope you guys listen to us on this one. SWTOR is a Star Wars game. Keep to the iconic Star Wars formula we all love.

Renneium
04.01.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1014
I'll start off with in general all Jedi need variations of this: http://swg.stoutman.com/images/items/JKR.jpg
and this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rkuz1.jpg/sr=1

light, medium, and heavy armor versions of these with pants, in any brown, white, beige, grey and black color combos you can think of and versions with cloaks, hood down until hood up/down option becomes available.

More of this http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/14/42/61/65/swtor-10.jpg hood down obviously.

Troopers seem to be ok, I personally love the lvl 40 PvP gear I just wish there was a plain white version of it. As for Bounty Hunters I just want the 40 PvP style helmets to have a T visor.

previous posts pretty much nailed the SW and Inquisitor looks.

Zilrota
04.01.2012 , 06:58 PM | #1015
Hello everyone!

This thread has reached our post limit for threads so we have recreated it. You can find the new version of this thread here at this link:

1.2 New armor models!

We will go ahead and close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion in the new thread linked above.

Thank you!