Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Security Key Question!


xXSHOKEIXx's Avatar


xXSHOKEIXx
12.16.2011 , 01:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
How do you remove a security key once you have put it on? If anyone actually knows. Thanks.
i do not know.
<Section Nine> Now Recruiting! Imperial Veela PVP Server

Hollow_Man's Avatar


Hollow_Man
12.16.2011 , 01:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
Not according to a tweet by Stephen Reid: "I believe it's 1-1. We do have a mobile version as an alternative - iOS only right now. Would that be ok?"

Unless he's wrong, you can only use a key on one account.
From http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

If you have multiple accounts, you can choose the ‘Link a previously set-up security key’ option on the Security Key Setup page to link a physical security key you have already registered to another account.

Please note that this function only applies to Physical Security Keys, and each key may only be linked to a maximum of 5 Star Wars: The Old Republic accounts.

---

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

xXSHOKEIXx's Avatar


xXSHOKEIXx
12.16.2011 , 01:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
From http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

If you have multiple accounts, you can choose the ‘Link a previously set-up security key’ option on the Security Key Setup page to link a physical security key you have already registered to another account.

Please note that this function only applies to Physical Security Keys, and each key may only be linked to a maximum of 5 Star Wars: The Old Republic accounts.

---

-HM
ya, you can have multiple accounts to 1 key, but you cannot have multiple keys to one account, and that is what i want to do.
<Section Nine> Now Recruiting! Imperial Veela PVP Server

yaccin's Avatar


yaccin
12.16.2011 , 01:17 PM | #14
oh indeed you cannot remove the security key yourself at this time. i thought i have seen the link after setting mine up but i must have been wrong

DarkSirius's Avatar


DarkSirius
12.16.2011 , 01:22 PM | #15
Just to add to this... Will there be a security key app written for Android phones? Doesn't seem logical they wrote it for iOS only as Android is a more popular and more widespread mobile OS than iOS.

Hollow_Man's Avatar


Hollow_Man
12.16.2011 , 01:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSirius View Post
Just to add to this... Will there be a security key app written for Android phones? Doesn't seem logical they wrote it for iOS only as Android is a more popular and more widespread mobile OS than iOS.
They're working on it and hope to have it available for Dec. 20.

I refuse to be dragged into an Apple vs. the world war...

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

DarkSirius's Avatar


DarkSirius
12.16.2011 , 02:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
They're working on it and hope to have it available for Dec. 20.

I refuse to be dragged into an Apple vs. the world war...

-HM
Lol. w00t. Thanks.

MindTooth's Avatar


MindTooth
12.16.2011 , 02:24 PM | #18
I would really love to see that you could change between the different devices for account verification.

Since I applied first with the Col.Edt. key, but I might think using my iPhone would a lot better. More mobile.