Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Security Key Question!


xXSHOKEIXx's Avatar


xXSHOKEIXx
12.16.2011 , 12:59 PM | #1
i received the physical security key from the collectors edition. i will activate it on my account, my question is can i also activate the iphone app to have both the physical and app security on my 1 account?

incase i loose my phone i can have my physical key.
incase im at a friends house i can have my phone app key.
<Section Nine> Now Recruiting! Imperial Veela PVP Server

yaccin's Avatar


yaccin
12.16.2011 , 01:05 PM | #2
you can only use one security key at a time.

i would also love to have both but i understand that this is not possible.

i use the phone app because i always have my phone with me anyways and dont need another thingy on my keys

Hollow_Man's Avatar


Hollow_Man
12.16.2011 , 01:06 PM | #3
Once you apply the iPhone security key it does not allow you to add any more.

If you only use physical keys, I know you can use the same physical key on up to to five swtor accounts. I don't know if you can use multiple physical keys on the same account, however.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

xXSHOKEIXx's Avatar


xXSHOKEIXx
12.16.2011 , 01:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yaccin View Post
you can only use one security key at a time.

i would also love to have both but i understand that this is not possible.

i use the phone app because i always have my phone with me anyways and dont need another thingy on my keys
bummer, ya i do not want it on my key ring either lol, i wish you could use both.
<Section Nine> Now Recruiting! Imperial Veela PVP Server

xXSHOKEIXx's Avatar


xXSHOKEIXx
12.16.2011 , 01:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
Once you apply the iPhone security key it does not allow you to add any more.

If you only use physical keys, I know you can use the same physical key on up to to five swtor accounts. I don't know if you can use multiple physical keys on the same account, however.

-HM
ya i read that on the fact, but i want it reversed lol, maybe in time.
<Section Nine> Now Recruiting! Imperial Veela PVP Server

Hollow_Man's Avatar


Hollow_Man
12.16.2011 , 01:08 PM | #6
The bigger question is how to REMOVE a key from your account. Because if at some point one gets a new phone or whatever, this will need to be done.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.16.2011 , 01:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
Once you apply the iPhone security key it does not allow you to add any more.

If you only use physical keys, I know you can use the same physical key on up to to five swtor accounts. I don't know if you can use multiple physical keys on the same account, however.

-HM
Not according to a tweet by Stephen Reid: "I believe it's 1-1. We do have a mobile version as an alternative - iOS only right now. Would that be ok?"

Unless he's wrong, you can only use a key on one account.

yaccin's Avatar


yaccin
12.16.2011 , 01:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
The bigger question is how to REMOVE a key from your account. Because if at some point one gets a new phone or whatever, this will need to be done.

-HM
you can remove a security key on the security key section of your account info site. you can then reenter the same or another security key if you wish

you need to enter at least 1 code from the currently active security key though

if you accidentally deleted the app or lost your key you need to contact customer support. blizzard was very fast with such things back in the day. (after launch!) about 10-20 minutes.

you need to answer at least one security question though

Hollow_Man's Avatar


Hollow_Man
12.16.2011 , 01:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by yaccin View Post
you can remove a security key on the security key section of your account info site. you can then reenter the same or another security key if you wish

you need to enter at least 1 code from the currently active security key though
I have the iPhone key attached, and there is no link to remove one. This is all it says in that section of my account:

Your account has been secured with a security key! Security keys protect your SWTOR account against theft and hacking as well as granting unique game content.

Your Security Key was added to your account on December 15, 2011.

Learn how to use your Security Key.

Having problems with your Security Key? Contact Customer Service.

---

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

Tourmaline's Avatar


Tourmaline
12.16.2011 , 01:11 PM | #10
How do you remove a security key once you have put it on? If anyone actually knows. Thanks.
***Hey I put my cantina codes back out there, do a brother a solid and click my ref. link please?... *** http://www.swtor.com/r/W8lbDj