Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Saga Continues: Story in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Your Saga Continues: Story in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

APhantasm
03.29.2012 , 10:12 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by ArgalWolford View Post
when is this patch going live
BW said at Guild Summit, Early April. That means it could be next week or the week after that, or even the week after that.

danpen
03.29.2012 , 01:37 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by APhantasm View Post
BW said at Guild Summit, Early April. That means it could be next week or the week after that, or even the week after that.
Why. is that
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

APhantasm
03.29.2012 , 03:44 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Why. is that
Because Early April could mean any time between this coming Sunday and the 15th (which is considered about the mid of the month). So you have at least 2 Tuesdays (3rd and the 10th) that could be considered part of Early April.

That's of course assuming that its not pushed back for some reason we don't know. At which point it could become Mid or Late April.

danpen
03.29.2012 , 03:46 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by APhantasm View Post
Because Early April could mean any time between this coming Sunday and the 15th (which is considered about the mid of the month). So you have at least 2 Tuesdays (3rd and the 10th) that could be considered part of Early April.

That's of course assuming that its not pushed back for some reason we don't know. At which point it could become Mid or Late April.
Hat so it will be this Sunday this weekend or not.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Timarick
03.29.2012 , 08:59 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
About 1.2 and beyond:

- The game was designed to have iconic classes changing: story, class skills, gear down to gear color palette.
With the gear mods we're able to blend classes appearance. Like my Juggernaut can wear BH or Trooper heavy armor.
Non force users will be able to force choke or use lightning, or force users will be able to use flamer throwers.
=> So: what now makes classes truly iconic? Why blur the frontier?

- Species have their own faction
Sith and Chiss are supposed to be empire only.
=> Why removing this limitation. Wasn't there other species you could have introduced to make the Republic more appealing instead of bending the lore?

- Star Wars is about Wars
2 very opposed faction clashing one against the other. That's the setting.
Many planets are faction restricted.
You're about to introduce same faction vs same faction warzones
=> How could possibly players pretend be at wars with the opposite faction?
=> How would players feel like belonging to a faction?
=> How could players feel at war when there's no such thing as war going on?

- Gear mods
Managing gear mods between our characters, companions and alts is tedious.
=> Why focusing on a system that is not even as good as simple appearance tabs until you, at least, get more convenient UI?

-Legacy
Players keep hammering not everyone likes to share something between all their characters.
Most just like a last name feature, different between all their characters if wanted.
=> Why keeping going against the players? Why forcing them to share a legacy title or surname if they don't want to?

-Mailbox
So you're putting it in the space ship, good.
We're mostly always passing by a mailbox to go to our space ship.
=> Why not allowing players to recall directly to their ship?

And more generally speaking:

- The lore was initially based on SW.
Jedi are, until fallen, guardian of the peace living on a strict code. They are using epic and deadly weapons.
Sith are powerfull and feared people, supposedly not lowering themselves for mundane tasks.

In the Huttball Jedi become no more than glow bat users wrestling for fame. And Sith look a bit better but even.
=> How Jedi players are supposed to feel at epic and at peace after playing a Huttball game? Do you see Yoda playing Huttball, but in a Monty Phyton movie? How Sith players are supposed to feel like Dark Vader or Palpatine?
you are reading WAAAAY too into this.

Deewe
03.30.2012 , 06:26 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Timarick View Post
you are reading WAAAAY too into this.
Not really. I'm just looking at the game on a global scale from it's core design to the implementation of new features. And I'm especially looking at the long term to see how things fits together.

APhantasm
03.30.2012 , 07:12 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Not really. I'm just looking at the game on a global scale from it's core design to the implementation of new features. And I'm especially looking at the long term to see how things fits together.
No your more griping than anything, and thats ok. You have the freedom to gripe if you so choose.

Anyways for example Species, you gripe about lore being bended. You are aware Lore was bended long before ToR came out. There was a Miraluka Sith in KOTOR 2, Miraluka in ToR are Republic.

You gripe about the Legacy name, sure some (not all) folks don't want to share their name across all their characters on a server. But also some of us want it, I for one want it. In your argument your saying BW should take away something I want. The folks that are vocal about not wanting it are likely in the minority. Many folks likely don't care or actually want it. Now I think a good solution for those that don't want Legacy they should have the ability in options to turn it off.

-Scrooge-
03.30.2012 , 08:05 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Some really good things with 1.2 apart from the changes to killing ranged classes in pvp but ...

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/
It feels like I'm playing Star Effect.
"Get, them that have."

Lectro
04.02.2012 , 11:47 PM | #109
I hope they actually calculate the stats correctly for a change. The current gear stats are a joke, and furthermore so is the person who calculated them.

I have had to swap mods in almost all the gear, so not only do you have to grind your *** off getting the sets, you have to pay out the *** to re-mod the gear you already have.

Really need to re-think the costs to repair, and remove mods on gear you already own. Stupid tbh..

The sets are butt ugly btw..

ConradLionhart
04.02.2012 , 11:50 PM | #110
When I read the thread title, I thought they would be adding new class stories in 1.2.

I am disappointed that you are just referring to the content of patch 1.2.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28