Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a way to move my character to a different server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is there a way to move my character to a different server?

Masterphish
12.16.2011 , 12:54 PM | #1
Ok, this is totally my bad cause I didn't pay attention, but when I selected my server I didn't realize that it was a West Coast Server. I'm on the East Coast and I play late at night. Obviously this will cause problems since the server I'm currently on will always be heavy during the times that I play. Is there any way to change my toon to a different server, or will I simply have to recreate the character and start from scratch? My apologies if there is already a similar post about this issue.

jtzako
12.16.2011 , 01:00 PM | #2
No way to move characters currently, you'd just have to create a new one on the other server.

VanorDM
12.16.2011 , 01:15 PM | #3
There may be a server transfer at some point, to help spread the population out over more servers, but I'd guess that unless you've played ALOT, it would be quicker to start a new character.

at some point in the future they might offer the service of character moves, but if they do it's likely there will be a price tag for doing so. In WoW it's like $5 a character I believe.

Masterphish
12.16.2011 , 03:37 PM | #4
Thank you for the quick response guys. It makes sense that they would charge for it too. Luckily I was only at like lvl11. I just didn't want to do the same missions all over again. Those be the breaks I guess.

Thanks again for the responses.