Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NodeSpecCache

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rawwwdog
03.16.2012 , 07:21 PM | #1
i keep getting a error saying that it cant open NodeSpecCache for writing. its happening a lot and its ridiculous.. its getting old real fast, i miss wz q's with my group or i go to log in and i have to start all over because of this.

Lillaha
03.16.2012 , 07:45 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rawwwdog,

Please run the FixLauncher.exe program located by default in:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
If this does not resolve the issue, please check if your Windows user account name contains extended characters (accented characters, Greek characters, Cyrillic characters, etc.). If this is the case, you might have to create a second administrator account using only basic numbers/letters.

Also check that a language other than English (United States) is not set as the fall back language in your Windows preferences. If you're running Windows 7, this can be set from the 'Region and Language' control panel: go to the Administrative tab and make sure the 'Current language for non-Unicode programs' is set as 'English (United States)'.

Please let us know if this works for you.
Lillaha| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Rawwwdog
03.17.2012 , 02:40 PM | #3
hi i ran the fix launcher and ill let you know if i receive any of the same errors. thank you for the response sorry for taking so long to respond

Rawwwdog
03.17.2012 , 10:45 PM | #4
still getting the same error, ive checked everything you said and its all how it should be

Ogada
03.18.2012 , 07:34 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rawwwdog,

One of the more common causes of this issue seems to be having a language other than English (United States) set as the fallback language in your Windows preferences. If you're running Windows 7, this can be set from the 'Region and Language' control panel go to the Administrative tab and make sure the 'Current language for non-Unicode programs' is set as 'English (United States)' -- if that's not the setting, change it and try running again.

Let me know how you get on.

Thank you.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Rawwwdog
03.19.2012 , 09:07 PM | #6
hi all those are set to the correct English setting and im still getting the errors

Cerimon
03.19.2012 , 09:30 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rawwwdog,

Please confirm your Windows user account name does not contain extended characters (accented characters, Greek characters, Cyrillic characters etcetera).
If it does you might have to create a second administrator account using only basic numbers/letters.

Please try removing and re-adding the following files to your anti-virus and firewall exceptions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe
and swtor_setup.exe

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rawwwdog
03.20.2012 , 06:30 PM | #8
ok i checked my name and thats clear, i did what you asked for my firewall but i didnt find a swtor_setup.exe in my swtor folder. also i dont know how to do it for my anti virus which would be kaspersky. but ill let you know if it happens after this point. thanks again for the responses, much appreciated

Cerimon
03.20.2012 , 06:48 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Rawwwdog,

No problem, we are happy to help.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rawwwdog
04.02.2012 , 11:24 AM | #10
hi ive done everything listed and im still having this problem atleast 2 times a day