Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Senga_J
03.18.2012 , 06:25 PM | #61
When patch 1.2 gets here and tier 2 raid gear comes out, will it be easier to get the older tier gear, or will we have to raid through the old content before we attempt the new stuff?
POT5 Level 55's:
Serdatt (PT) Zerriest (Sin) Asareng (Mara)

LegionAlpha
03.19.2012 , 09:35 AM | #62
Lol, only 7 pages of "discussion". 99.9% of it is pretty much negative about the questions answered because they didn't answer anything useful. Its pretty obvious that this game is just operated and designed by complete novices. At the guild summit, one simple question showed how unorganized, thoughtless, and clueless the devs are about the game and their communication with each other. That question was the question in regards to a simple "ready check" system. The dev that answered this question didn't even know it wasn't there.

Now you could say, oh that's blowing it out of proportion. No, sorry, but when you do a job on a team, communication is an unwritten expectation and MUST be met or else you are setting your team up for failure. There are issues this game has, and there are things being fixed sometimes but I and others are happy with the game for the most part, hence why we still play. The reasons are per individual, but as i've seen a lot on forums lately, people want answers to issues like server merges, low populations, server transfers, and hell ill throw FACTION TRANSFER in there because frankly thats just as needed as the server transfer in some cases.

The absolutely horrible thought process and design of this game is easy to see from the standpoint that 85% or more of the content coming in 1.2 should have been on launch, this was just beta testing for 3 months live. MMO's always update and patch, but i'm sorry, this is just ridiculous. Even the simplest MMO's have combat logs, ready checks (still just blows my mind), guild banks, and a team that actually gets INGAME and reads general chat on fleets or populated zones like the fleet.

As we have seen, all the devs want to do is heed to the "carebear community" that rolls all day on forums instead of actually learning how to play the game/class/mechanics. They want it all a certain way cuz they hate change unless its pleases them. 90% of the useful feedback that the devs could gather is from sitting for 30mins in a fleet gchat and just watching. Just watch how and what people talk about. The forums are always nice for MMO's to have for communities, but if you want real feedback, get realist BW, who the hell wants to come make a big *** post like this and get trolled away? Answer: noone. I think i just did a better Q&A than you did.

TL;DR: Fix your dev team, its slacking to much.

Thunn
03.19.2012 , 10:34 AM | #63
Quote:
Dear George. If you're going to answer a question from the Q/A please answer the entirety of it. Especially this one which is weighing heavy on ANY PLAYERS MIND that has leveled alts while waiting for 1.2 (instead of quitting the game.)

Already having 8 characters on my server...will I be forced to delete characters in order to take advantage of the Legacy system or will I be able to change race & new Legacy customization features on pre-existing characters and will there be more character slots added?
I don't know if you're naive or just choosing to act that way, but whyever would they allow the changes to be retroactive? From the company's perspective, the whole point of making the game is to make money. They make money by having lots of subscriptions. They keep lots of subscriptions by installing as many time sinks as possible. A retroactive race change would mean maybe half an hour of time invested. Having to re-level a toon means weeks of time invested. It's a no-brainer for them.

Is it particularly fair? No. But it's the reality of MMOs. If you don't like it, you have one and ONLY one recourse...unsubscribe, and give feedback as to why you did so. It's the one action available to you that will have any impact whatsoever on the company making the game. If enough people do so and say WHY they did so, it's possible that, six months or so down the line, maybe some of your suggestions might receive some attention.

Until then, there are any number of other places where you can utilize your time.

ObiwanMcCartney
03.19.2012 , 10:54 AM | #64
Why does Bioware make a game that encourages alts, and wait until alot of people have the server filled with alts before putting out a system(legacy) that requires empty slots to utilize?

That being the case, why werent contingencies already in place (more slots with 1.2, cross server legacies) to solve this issue when the legacy system hits live?

P.S. Why oh why dont weapons show up in the dressing room window (ctr lclick)?!?!?
Live and Let Be One With The Force

Aus_Jedi
03.19.2012 , 01:59 PM | #65
This isn't suppost to be a discussion - flaming bioware, but what questions you would like answered:

1. When will we see our class story lines advance?
2. Will we see high textures for the world, not just character models.
3. Will you be introducing anything like phasing? Where what you do does effect the environment?
4. Will you introduce a feature let us display our toon as our Forum Picture?

Last, I love this game and will keep supporting you with my sub to see were you plan to go with it.

Karquile
03.19.2012 , 07:58 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aus_Jedi View Post
This isn't suppost to be a discussion - flaming bioware, but what questions you would like answered:
Actually no, there is another thread where you submit questions for the next Q&A. This thread is explicitly for discussing last week's Q&A - they cleverly hinted at this by calling it "Blog Discussion."
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

In_cognito
03.20.2012 , 12:50 PM | #67
I don't know where this question belongs, I can't seem to find one that fits. Where do you farm Rubat Crystals?

janne_josefsson
03.20.2012 , 04:42 PM | #68
Well, im guessing that the legacy is going account-wide one of these days with a limited ammount of slots of which you can add chars to the tree. So imma unlock stuff and play the waiting game.

Regarding the bos stuff, i really hope we will see a change of this. Perhaps gear that is merged into the interface as clickable abilities that lets you dress your characters in gear that statwise goes up along the leveling. Otherwise its going to take alot of bankspace.
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society