Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogoo
03.16.2012 , 08:26 PM | #21
Do we really need an answer to "will you add another quickslot" ?

Is that the most pressing matter ? No concerns about server population or engine optimization ?

I could surely use another quickslot AFTER the game stops running like total crap in PvP though.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Magnesium
03.16.2012 , 08:27 PM | #22
Ever since one of the Devs said "What about Ready Checks" in the guild summit I kinda lost a lot of hope on actual thought process and thinking for game design... I can't imagine how something like that being so critical to both PvP and PvE groups was missed and only recently they thought about it. The QA are nice to have but rarely I ready questions/answers which actually give us a clear answer since most will always fall into "we will look into it" or "future development", as saying NO would ultimately make people wanting that feature leave the game.

QA = Gaming Politics, and we all trust politicians? :P

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

BlackMink
03.16.2012 , 09:04 PM | #23
I am quite dissapointed about the fact that there will not be a barbershop added in 1.2, and who knows how far off it will be.

This is one of the features I really feel I need to have ASAP. Especially in light of the new character customization freedoms we will have with the legacy system. My main character is a Twilek, and I had to select a skin color that wasn't my first choice. The color I wanted to use for my character, and HAD on the same character during beta, was removed from the faction entirely, and is only currently available on the other side. This was very frustrating, and if the legacy system is finally going to open up that particular color, I want to be able to change my main character's appearance right away.

But that's my most pressing need for a barber shop. There are other cases where I would like to tweak the appearances of my characters, and that's simply impossible right now.

Lord_Ravenhurst
03.16.2012 , 09:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Again, pointless questions, pointless answers.
True. Not a single issue which is important in any way, seems like beancounter and nitpicker questions are more relevant than the big issues.

Next time I'll ask for something like "lightsaber on/off button color change" just to test my theory.

aivedoir
03.16.2012 , 09:23 PM | #25
Edit: nvm, according to 1.2 PTS notes it'll be fixed.

Karquile
03.16.2012 , 09:36 PM | #26
I would very much like character customization - paid, Legacy unlocked, whatever.

But I don't personally care about making some in-game "Barber Shop" where you walk in and do it, like that other game. What matters is being able to open the appearance UI. I'm happy to do it from the character select screen and not in-game at all. If dropping all that extra art and NPC interaction speeds the feature along, by all means drop it.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

Typheran
03.16.2012 , 09:55 PM | #27
Why would they answer questions that they ALREADY DID at the guild summit.

What a waste of time.

Shogunjedi
03.16.2012 , 10:04 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
Do we really need an answer to "will you add another quickslot" ?

Is that the most pressing matter ? No concerns about server population or engine optimization ?

I could surely use another quickslot AFTER the game stops running like total crap in PvP though.
Dont worry , they will not be adding that quickslot in 1.2 patch. And here i thought at least something is done right. They said they are releasing it in 1.2 , its even in their preview video.
Whats the point of rescaling and unlocking quickslot bars if all we get is the same 2 at the buttom.

Bioware u should name your game Vanguard Saga of Heroes in Space. Another great game with gigantic potential fails hard because of incompetent developers who dont listen to the community. Not even an extra quickslot , really?
"Carebear Heaven this game is" Said Master Yoda reading Swtor patch notes.

Mangzane
03.16.2012 , 10:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Typheran View Post
Why would they answer questions that they ALREADY DID at the guild summit.

What a waste of time.
This...

Quote: Originally Posted by smexymage View Post
The majority of the questions they picked were covered in the guild summit. Answer some real questions related to server merges, low pop. You keep avoiding it.
...This...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flexnsmash View Post
I'm sorry but this Q&A is absolutely terrible. Very little actual useful content as to what is coming.. there have been so many great questions asked and these are what we got to see? Highly disappointing.
...and this..

Hello? Dev's? Do you read these feedback posts?

If so, please send your carrier pigeons, or whatever slow form of communication you use, to your higher authority(s) so they can address these matters.

Yours truly,

A person paying you to do your job.
It is not the East or the West Side. It is the Dark side.

Zachajariah
03.16.2012 , 10:27 PM | #30
I love how they get so excited about what's coming in 1.2. In my mind all I can think is "you mean the stuff that should have been released at launch?!"

I love the game, but I can't wait forever.