Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official word on white crystal extinction in 1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official word on white crystal extinction in 1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Frigidman
03.16.2012 , 03:40 PM | #1
I keep seeing flying rumors by people who either know the correct answer (but never quote source) or just think they know the answer. However I've been unable to actually find any solid official response:

Are the white crystals going to be 'gone', as in no longer attainable, once 1.2 goes live?

IE: If you don't buy one now, you will never get one ever again?

Thanks for any REAL responses with quoted sources!

Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

xTekwarx
03.16.2012 , 03:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Frigidman View Post
I keep seeing flying rumors by people who either know the correct answer (but never quote source) or just think they know the answer. However I've been unable to actually find any solid official response:

Are the white crystals going to be 'gone', as in no longer attainable, once 1.2 goes live?

They said back when the patch came out, in the economy update thing...(I'm too lazy to drag it up >_>), the crystals will be limited supply then be unobtainable for "at least a number of months"

SO yeah, if you want to go look it up, that's where to find it.

jontyld
03.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #3
I doubt anyone will dig up that quote, but no. They will disappear from the vendor, and there will not be pattern drop replacement in 1.2.

Therrak
03.16.2012 , 04:13 PM | #4

Never is a very long time. Anywho, once 1.2 hits the white crystals will be gone. They may come back when future content is released, but nothing is certain.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...64#edit3201564

SKByungshin
03.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #5
Just curious. For people who bought the white crystal or thought about buyin it, was it cuz they liked how it looks or just to say know you own a limited item?

I wanted one but passed after seeing someone with it...the white seemed dull...didn't have that 'pop'. I know asthetics are personal to each person so just curious if many people really like the way it looks equipped.

Frigidman
03.16.2012 , 07:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SKByungshin View Post
Just curious. For people who bought the white crystal or thought about buyin it, was it cuz they liked how it looks or just to say know you own a limited item?

I wanted one but passed after seeing someone with it...the white seemed dull...didn't have that 'pop'. I know asthetics are personal to each person so just curious if many people really like the way it looks equipped.
I want only one, for a specific character I have, as "white" fits with the overall goal I have for the style and behavior of the character. I couldn't be arsed to buy more for any other character.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Laufton
03.16.2012 , 07:37 PM | #7

As it only took money to get it's not really that limited of an item but I bought it for the looks. I just like the contrast with my gear.

Giondi
03.16.2012 , 07:55 PM | #8

I got one for my Sorc because I thought it looked cool. The two I bought on my Mara were because it's limited.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

Odosept
03.16.2012 , 07:56 PM | #9
I just bought one because I was hearing that it wouldn't be available after 1.2 came. So I figured I might as well spend the credits, since I can always make more credits but not a white crystal I did have some buyer's remorse when i used it in my saber. I have yet to see a double-bladed white saber around, that might be cooler. I actually prefer the magenta or purple saber now, they are the most colorful. Although it's been pointed out that the blue and purple sabers are more solid, and don't have as much "glow" as the other colors. Compare the cyan and purple and you'll notice a big difference.

GeorgZoeller
03.16.2012 , 07:59 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Never is such a harsh word.

There will be no way to obtain white color crystals in Game Update 1.2 or any of the 1.2 series of patches. As for further into the future, it is fair to say that we have not yet made up our minds.

However, should a white color crystal be made available at a later time, you can be certain that the mode of acquiring it will be significantly more involved than going to a vendor. That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time.