Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So little strength rating

KATLIG
03.16.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1
Shocking to see other marauders with over 1400 strenght (sometimes even 1600 something). I have a full champion gear marauder without a matrix cube, anni skill tree. My strength rating is between 1300-1318, what should i do to increase it? Had most of the strength datacrons (+10 all stats also)

Prosyri
03.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #2
Its simple mate. PvE gear.

Im a little over 2/3 full Rakata and i have 1829 strength and 20+k HP

PvE gear > PvP Gear
Prosyrir - 50 - Marauder - Ace Of Danes - The Red Eclipse
Prosyri - 50 - Sorcerer - Ace Of Danes - The Red Eclipse

AcaciaDragon
03.16.2012 , 03:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KATLIG View Post
Shocking to see other marauders with over 1400 strenght (sometimes even 1600 something). I have a full champion gear marauder without a matrix cube, anni skill tree. My strength rating is between 1300-1318, what should i do to increase it? Had most of the strength datacrons (+10 all stats also)
Stims add over 100 str. the amount your seeing is on Tionese and Columni geared players. PvE has more Str per piece. PvP has less but makes up for it in Expertise.

keltonz
03.16.2012 , 03:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KATLIG View Post
If I had to guess, they aren't wearing PvP armor... Champion has 10 - 20 less strength per piece than Columi (iirc), so you're looking at ~150 less strength when you're in Champion. But you make up for it with a flat +dmg% in expertise.

With a combo of Rakata and Champion and the Rakata stim I have about 1690 STR.

keltonz
03.16.2012 , 03:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Prosyri View Post
Its simple mate. PvE gear.

Im a little over 2/3 full Rakata and i have 1829 strength and 20+k HP

PvE gear > PvP Gear
I see claims like this everywhere on the forums and it blows me away... in full Rakata, I have nowhere near 20k HP. Are you putting +END mods in your gear or what?

Anderofindel
03.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #6
If you have true Rakata gear (from Ops) you will have over 20K HP. If your "Rakata" gear was crafted using Synthweaving or Armormech, it only has stats around Tionese gear.

Rakata gear from Ops has lvl58 Mods/Enhancements and should give any player over 20K HP.
Krithika, Marksmanship Sniper
Sauros, Darkness Assassin
Ben'lew, Vigilance Guardian
Begeren Colony GSF every day

Prosyri
03.16.2012 , 04:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by keltonz View Post
I see claims like this everywhere on the forums and it blows me away... in full Rakata, I have nowhere near 20k HP. Are you putting +END mods in your gear or what?
Yeah. Dude you need to tweak your gear.

The +38 endurance enhancements from the various classes champion vendors is the bomb.

I don't think a single of my enhancements on my rakata gear are the original ones.

You need to think it through. In PvE of cause as much Power as possible is the best.

But if you check out your melee bonus damage, you don't really get very much from power. I'f i remember correctly its about 85 bonus damage from 400 power rating.

so 20 ish difference power on your enhancements means nothing really.
Allmost all rakata marauder gear has accuracy enhancements, and we really dont need more than 100% accuracy, unless you plan on just killing tanks in PvP.
Our Columi enhancements are a lot better, BUT they are not the best, far from it.

I will give you an example:
Enhancement on merc dps columi headgear:
+38 End
+19 Power
+48 Surge
Now thats what i call a melee dps enhancement.

Marauder columi headpiece enhancement:
+24 End
+34 Crit
+48 Surge

First of all, i hit 30% Crit raidbuffed short time after lvl 50. Its very easy. Our gear is full of crit. Too much crit. There are a great deal of dimishing return on crit chance after 30%, so you don't really wanna stack it like crazy

Actually not a single piece of my 5 armor pieces where you can change the enhancements have crit on them. And i still got 30%

Head+Chest:
+38 End
+19 Power
+48 Surge
Get it from BH columi or champion vendor

Gloves+Legs+Boots:
+38 End
+48 Acc
+19 Power
Get it from IA champion vendor.

On my rakata lightsabers, i use the default:
+24 End
+51 Acc
+37 Power

To be honest, while writing this, i just wondered why i havent replaced those with the enhancements from IA champ gear. Perhaps because im barely hovering at 100% accu, i dunno
The difference is that you loose 18 Power.....18 dude. Look: http://i41.tinypic.com/oi9643.jpg
Thats 66,9 Bonus damage from 291 Power rating. You really think 18 more is gonna do any difference ? In pvp i know what i would rather have, and thats HP.

Stats: http://i39.tinypic.com/m7fbdl.jpg
Well my strength was 1810, so it was close

Hope this explains it.

Prosyri
03.16.2012 , 04:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anderofindel View Post
If you have true Rakata gear (from Ops) you will have over 20K HP. If your "Rakata" gear was crafted using Synthweaving or Armormech, it only has stats around Tionese gear.

Rakata gear from Ops has lvl58 Mods/Enhancements and should give any player over 20K HP.
Incorrect dude. None of marauder rakata gear has lvl 58 +40 endurance enhancements by default.

You can get the enhancements as drop, but the difference between lvl 58 and 56 (From IA and BH champ/columi vendor)are so small my guild sell the lvl 58 enhancements on GTN instead for a massive guild profit.