Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

GalnarDegana
06.30.2012 , 12:46 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeboj View Post
loved reading this thread, just re-subbed for 1.3 and it has been very helpful.

i was just wondering which spec in PVP (sab or DF) is better at:
1v1 fights
burning down healers
taking out tanks

in my (very limited) experience, i think it's sab, DF, DF respectively. what do you guys think?
I am going to update this very soon for 1.3.

I will say that I think the best way to kill healers right now is with burst damage, because they aren't really having problems dealing with DoTs. Surprise them, and they die. For that reason, Sharpshooter is the best for dealing with healers, IMHO.

Tanks are more difficult, though I feel like you do that DF is better suited, simply because internal and elemental damage affects everyone equally, regardless of shielding or armor.

Best 1v1 is still really Sab, like you said, but I actually feel pretty strong in 1v1s in all of the specs right now. I feel like we are at a good place. Vanguards and Powertechs are still outbursting us, which feels wrong, but we are in a good place.
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Xeboj
06.30.2012 , 10:22 PM | #132
thank you very much for the response. i am very excited for the updated guide, all your hard work is definitely appreciated

CptMorgans
07.02.2012 , 05:09 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post
Well I still refuse to spec into SS, I'm running with 0/21/20 atm

like this

Somehow I don't feel the energy costs to be that high like I remember.
First off, nice thread guys, very constructive.

I'm returning to the game after a 2 month break (working away), and picking up my lvl 26 GS for some fun. Looking at your build above what is your rotation like? Thanks in advance. Going to try out a few specs over the next few days to get a feel for it again.

Riiquiem
07.02.2012 , 06:55 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by CptMorgans View Post
First off, nice thread guys, very constructive.

I'm returning to the game after a 2 month break (working away), and picking up my lvl 26 GS for some fun. Looking at your build above what is your rotation like? Thanks in advance. Going to try out a few specs over the next few days to get a feel for it again.
duh... vital shot, shrap bomb, shock charge, sab charge, speed shot and maybe sabotage if required.
since you don't have to build up your DOTs as requirement for wounding shots it actually doesn't matter.
When using all of the above you can melt a target in seconds. Tho keep in mind that it's quite energyconsuming.

I've already posted some things about hybrid specs like that earlier in this thread but I'm too lazy to search for it right now.

Good luck^^
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

CptMorgans
07.02.2012 , 08:16 AM | #135
duh... vital shot, shrap bomb, shock charge, sab charge, speed shot and maybe sabotage if required.
since you don't have to build up your DOTs as requirement for wounding shots it actually doesn't matter.
When using all of the above you can melt a target in seconds. Tho keep in mind that it's quite energyconsuming.
Good luck^^
Thanks for the prompt post. I'm only level 27 with all points invested in DF at this point. Available to me at this point is Vital Shot, Shrap Bomb & Sab Charge. After that I've been using Aimed Shot or Charged Burst if possible. Finishing with Quickdraw. At least I get Flourish Shot at lvl 28.

Enjoying the class though, having come from a Guardian.

Maphia
07.02.2012 , 10:43 AM | #136

I've already posted some things about hybrid specs like that earlier in this thread but I'm too lazy to search for it right now.

Good luck^^
Req;
When are you putting up a vid?

Riiquiem
07.02.2012 , 11:03 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Maphia View Post
Req;
When are you putting up a vid?
about what? not playing hybrid spec.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

GalnarDegana
07.14.2012 , 06:43 PM | #138
Updated for 1.3.2
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

CptMorgans
07.15.2012 , 07:01 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
Updated for 1.3.2
Nice one and thanks

GalnarDegana
04.25.2013 , 08:17 PM | #140
Updated for 2.0