Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

trevah
04.23.2012 , 06:56 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post
I expect people to actually read the thread before posting in it.
Haha uni IS making you cranky. I appreciate the help though. Quick question: I've been opening with flourish because I assumed the armor/trauma debuff would be the most helpful debuff to hit first as it affects the rest of the damage from then on. Why do you use it so late? Because all the bleeds are internal and thus unaffected by armor reduction?

Guess I just answered my own question...
You're not as right as you think you are.

Arehonn
04.23.2012 , 07:58 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by trevah View Post
Haha uni IS making you cranky. I appreciate the help though. Quick question: I've been opening with flourish because I assumed the armor/trauma debuff would be the most helpful debuff to hit first as it affects the rest of the damage from then on. Why do you use it so late? Because all the bleeds are internal and thus unaffected by armor reduction?

Assuming the target is at full heath when you first attack him, you want to save that 9 second heal debuff as long as you can in your rotation before they actually have to heal. Sure, you could use Flourish again and refresh it, but it takes up a rotation slot you could have used for something else if you had just timed it better.

Of course, this is assuming it's a one on one fight. In a warzone with your guild or a good group that's jumping on targets, it's important to nail that Flourish shot up right away.
AREHONN HEKTOR
- WAR -

GalnarDegana
04.23.2012 , 08:01 PM | #103

In general, I actually prefer to use Flourish as soon as I start focusing someone, simply because of the healing debuff.

Also, to the above posters, Hemo Shot is important to use after other skills, especially at full energy. Consider the following two scenarios:
1. Using it first. This does little good except for the first tick of Vital Shot. Might expire before doing all it can (though not sure, I would have to do the math. If Riiquiem says it doesn't last the whole time, I would believe it.)
2. Using it second. Makes the first tick of Shrap Bomb more powerful and capitalizes on the fact that it is free to use in managing your energy, effectively allowing you to regenerate energy on that 1.5 second global cooldown instead of starting at 100% and staying at 100% with the initial use of Hemo.

Makes sense to use it second.

@Riiquiem:
Thanks for posting the initial numbers on DF and some SS. I ran some on Saboteur on my Warzone training dummy, but university is kicking my butt as well. I will post them when I have time. I would also like Bioware to work out the bugs with the training dummies, as they said here that dual-wielders are doing more damage than they are supposed to, due to the dummies not being able to deflect or dodge. I would love to run numbers after they get that fixed though, so thanks!

Riiquiem
04.24.2012 , 01:35 AM | #104
Why do you use it so late? Because all the bleeds are internal and thus unaffected by armor reduction?

exactly. that armor debuff only affects weapon damage (white numbers) and nothing else.
ofc its situational, if you need the healing debuff then use it whenever you need it or just reduce armor so your teammates can benefit from it... however talkin about a 1on1 situation you shouldnt use it first.
Enemy wont use their medkits below 50% anyway i guess and heal debuff only lasts 9 secs.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

GalnarDegana
04.24.2012 , 07:57 AM | #105
Yeah, I should have mentioned, when I use Flourish Shot, it is usually because I am the DPS focus target, so people often target me to figure out who to burn down. I know as a healing commando in WZs that I often start healing as soon as I notice someone dropping quickly. That is certainly within 9 seconds. If doing 1v1s, I will usually only use it after both DoTs, but before Wounding Shots.

Riiquiem
04.24.2012 , 12:50 PM | #106
Hm okay update regarding my guide.

My guild quits the game, cause it's dead and with the release of Diablo 3 I will too.
My sub runs out in a week anyway so yea, thats the deal.
Maybe I'll be back when server merge and ranked games are released in a few months.
Until then I'm willing to share my knowledge about slinger pvp for anyone who wants to write a guide about that and I still will be active in the forums sometimes.

Hm yea so long.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

trevah
04.24.2012 , 05:26 PM | #107
Hm okay update regarding my guide.

My guild quits the game, cause it's dead and with the release of Diablo 3 I will too.
My sub runs out in a week anyway so yea, thats the deal.
Maybe I'll be back when server merge and ranked games are released in a few months.
Until then I'm willing to share my knowledge about slinger pvp for anyone who wants to write a guide about that and I still will be active in the forums sometimes.

Hm yea so long.
Sigh. It's like looking at the "Detail" enlargement when looking at the big picture swtor's life cycle.

You'll be missed.
You're not as right as you think you are.

Lightning_
04.25.2012 , 04:16 AM | #108
IMO Diablo 3 is as overrated as was SWTOR before the release. Althought it will not suffer the same fate because there are no alternatives. But still I very much doubt it will be as popular 10 years after the release as D2 was...

Sorry for offtop. Hope you'll not forget to log here and offer invaluable help for fellow GSs

FranJ
05.11.2012 , 04:58 PM | #109
I read the post, very nice info.

It says ur favourite spec is sab survivabily, but ppl are talking about DF in the last posts? wich build did u use last days?

Thanks.

GalnarDegana
05.12.2012 , 09:31 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by FranJ View Post
I read the post, very nice info.

It says ur favourite spec is sab survivabily, but ppl are talking about DF in the last posts? wich build did u use last days?

Thanks.
Yes, my favorite spec is Sab generally, but Riiquiem, who has been a great contributor, prefers DF. I have recently been trying to get into DF, because of the buffs it got in 1.2, but I haven't abandoned Sab as my favorite.

By current build I am trying is

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZrMZGbbkrrGdGR.1