Integrated Voice Chat would help Pugs vs. Premades, redux

Zaodon

I suggested this in Beta, and again after live, and I will do so once again.

Many MMORPGs now come with integrated Voice chat for parties/operation groups.

1. It is always presented as an OPTION for each player. You are not required to turn it on.

2. Within the options, you can turn on ability to "hear" others, and then separately turn on your own ability to "speak". You can choose to listen and not talk if you don't want to talk.

Everyone that PvPs agrees that having voice chat is an advantage in PvP. Everyone. It simply is, this is a no-brainer.

But for some reason, people say that voice in "pugs" is somehow horrible, because, presumably, every single person is a kid, or annoying, or yells, or whatever other anecdotal B.S. they want to make up in an effort to say we don't need integrated voice. Yet, these same people are perfectly ok using Vent/TS/Mumble with their guild mates for Pre-mades.

What people don't seem to get, is the fact that your guild-mates are just "pugs" that joined your guild and got your Vent/TS/Mumble info. Yet, somehow, magically, none of them are kids, annoying, yelling, etc.

The reason is that most people who speak out AGAINST integrated voice are, in fact, already in guilds, already have voice via Vent/TS/Mumble, and don't want to lose an advantage over PuGs. That's it. Pure and simple.

I am writing this as a player who is IN a guild, HAS Vent, and forms Pre-mades. I think integrated voice should be part of SWTOR to even the playing field for PuGs. Period.

• 1 year later...
Won't work. Blizzard tired it. No one bothered to use it. Good idea though. You thought the nerd rage was bad in OPS Chat when your team is losing, Imagine people raging on you in voice chat in some unintelligible Eastern European accent. Edited by Odyseus

• 1 month later...
I suggested this in Beta, and again after live, and I will do so once again.

Many MMORPGs now come with integrated Voice chat for parties/operation groups.

1. It is always presented as an OPTION for each player. You are not required to turn it on.

2. Within the options, you can turn on ability to "hear" others, and then separately turn on your own ability to "speak". You can choose to listen and not talk if you don't want to talk.

Everyone that PvPs agrees that having voice chat is an advantage in PvP. Everyone. It simply is, this is a no-brainer.

But for some reason, people say that voice in "pugs" is somehow horrible, because, presumably, every single person is a kid, or annoying, or yells, or whatever other anecdotal B.S. they want to make up in an effort to say we don't need integrated voice. Yet, these same people are perfectly ok using Vent/TS/Mumble with their guild mates for Pre-mades.

What people don't seem to get, is the fact that your guild-mates are just "pugs" that joined your guild and got your Vent/TS/Mumble info. Yet, somehow, magically, none of them are kids, annoying, yelling, etc.

The reason is that most people who speak out AGAINST integrated voice are, in fact, already in guilds, already have voice via Vent/TS/Mumble, and don't want to lose an advantage over PuGs. That's it. Pure and simple.

I am writing this as a player who is IN a guild, HAS Vent, and forms Pre-mades. I think integrated voice should be part of SWTOR to even the playing field for PuGs. Period.

Could help a lil. But the big issue is the powerhealers the premades Always drags along in numbers. Those healers that PUG Always lack.

You could do as in pve, that you can only absorb a certain amount of kolto in a timeframe. That would bring more balance to pvp

I honestly doubt it would help anything. WoW has had it for years.. and I can't remember anyone ever using it.

Besides that, I have no interest in having to listen how *******, kids scream around the wrong moves.. insults and gibberish.

I honestly doubt it would help anything. WoW has had it for years.. and I can't remember anyone ever using it.

Besides that, I have no interest in having to listen how *******, kids scream around the wrong moves.. insults and gibberish.

Yeah, really not sure I want to hear every random keyboard warrior raging in voice chat. Reading that nonsense is bad enough.

Im not sure that the voice comm would do the trick.

The bigger issue is that the premade teams has very balanced teams with real good healers, while PUG often dont have healers at all. And the heals are just outta the roof in this game, theres NO limits at all for heals. Players go from 0,5 to 100% Health in 1 sec if a few healers focus on that guy. And killing the healers in a premade Group is also almost impossible for a PUG team if its a scoundrel guarded by tanks and dps.

Its a huge issue and it needs urgetn attention or the game will keep losing players.