Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

guard healer combo

vorgog
03.16.2012 , 11:17 AM | #1
how do you guys deal with this situation? I have and esp. hard time if the healer is a sorc/sage with the the bubble. i cc, knockback, interupt the healer. ill even try to peel the healer off with pull to get him out of guard range, while my team.... well idk what they do because i solo que.

i was just wondering if any of you had any other strategies/tactics for this combo

im currently darkness and im loving it.

thanks

French-toast
03.16.2012 , 04:27 PM | #2
unless your team is organized (premade with vent) a healer and tank together will be your worst nightmare. usually i queue with an operative, il peel the tank away with force pull and slow him, and the operative will burn the healer as best he can.
Pancake-the crucible pit

Valastia
03.16.2012 , 05:03 PM | #3
I haven't found a good solution with my sin or with my sent, other then to call one of my guildies to help out. The healer is guarded, so you can't DPS him down for anything, but if you ignore him, the tank just soaks up damage. You may could use some sort of slow/pull/CC combo to separate them, but I highly doubt even that would be enough. Just find a pocket healer of your own and play to a stalemate
The Sapientis Legacy
Dracobel, 50 Sentinel
Valgil, 50 Assassin
Jedi Covenant

Astarica
03.16.2012 , 05:15 PM | #4
You should always attack the healer first even if he's guarded. The common mistake to go after the tank instead. DPS the healer down to about 50% and then attack the guy who he didn't heal (he can only heal one person).

If the guarded healer is a Merc, find whoever has the lowest armor on their side and just keep attacking that guy. You won't kill the tank or the healer in this case and you either have to make the Merc heal their weakest guy, or at least kill someone before you die.

Alwaysx
03.16.2012 , 06:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
You should always attack the healer first even if he's guarded. The common mistake to go after the tank instead. DPS the healer down to about 50% and then attack the guy who he didn't heal (he can only heal one person).

If the guarded healer is a Merc, find whoever has the lowest armor on their side and just keep attacking that guy. You won't kill the tank or the healer in this case and you either have to make the Merc heal their weakest guy, or at least kill someone before you die.
Or like WoW arenas, just plan your CC/interrupts and focus fires well.