Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Screen goes black then goes straight to desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Screen goes black then goes straight to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coleee
12.16.2011 , 12:42 PM | #1
Any help?
When i put in my pass and information and click play, the screen goes black like its trying to load, then goes straight to my desktop

TheXrtc
12.16.2011 , 12:45 PM | #2
hello guys , i have a problem with the game resolution , yesterday i got access to start the game and when i logged the screen popped black but i had sound i had also message on the screen ( resolution too high) , i tried almost everything and nothing worked. I am so sad that i lost more than 1 day of my pre-order without even see the menu ... my grafic card is Nvidea Gforce 8800 GT and my monitor 32 inch samsung Full HD any ideas or help will be helpful.
Thanks for your time.

TheXrtc
12.16.2011 , 12:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Coleee View Post
Any help?
When i put in my pass and information and click play, the screen goes black like its trying to load, then goes straight to my desktop
i have a similar problem m8 , when i log in my screen goes black and my monitor says too high resolution... i tried almost everything nothing worked...

evileeyore
12.16.2011 , 12:50 PM | #4
I've played for two days now, suddenly today I'm getting the "Start game from Launcher, screens goes black, then back to desktop and swtor.exe closes" problem.

Kaazy
12.16.2011 , 12:52 PM | #5
I've got the same problem. I load the game up from the small launcher. It goes black for about 2 seconds and then closes and goes back to the desktop

Coleee
12.16.2011 , 12:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheXrtc View Post
i have a similar problem m8 , when i log in my screen goes black and my monitor says too high resolution... i tried almost everything nothing worked...
I dont have the too high resolution problem, but it sounds like that might be an easy fix for you if it is just your monitor settings

DarthMaulUK
12.16.2011 , 12:54 PM | #7
Same for me.

Got kicked off and now the client keeps crashing, despite several reboots, a game 'repair' scan etc.

Ati graphics card 6870 - drivers up to date - it was fine probably an hour ago - played fine. My guess is the servers are under strain.

Piwy
12.16.2011 , 12:54 PM | #8
I have the same problem I want to play

Coleee
12.16.2011 , 12:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Piwy View Post
I have the same problem I want to play
Me n you both buddy