Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

★★ Shinarika VI ★★

Xinika
03.16.2012 , 04:29 AM | #1
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDtzYcO5La8

Jedi Shadow PvP
Watchmen
The Corsair

Specs used:

10/0/31 "Balance PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZZcMfRrMkrfz.1)
2/31/8 "Infil-Kill" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...rRkhMbtzZf0c.1)
31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIrokrskbsZZf0cM.1)

Notes:

Sixth episode of the Shinarika series that truly takes the meaning of Shadow PvP to it's limit. Balance, Kinetic and Infiltration are all featured in this video. Each spec having it's respective action-filled punches. With not another moment to spare, we present to you: Shinarika VI.

This video is a personal favourite of mine and I hope you enjoy the material presented to you. A special thanks to PSI and the support they've gave me in this series. Without them, there would be no Shinarika. Also, a shoutout to all Watchmen for bearing with me, despite the hard times I'm experiencing right now. Oh, and, come home Kitty... come home...

Track List:

From Software - Red Butterfly
The Living End - End of the World
Alphastates - Champagne Glass
Metric - Succexy
Phoenix - 1901
Eric Serra - Little Light of Love

Tools:

PSI
Watchmen
Sony Vegas
Fraps
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Faeldawn
03.16.2012 , 09:42 AM | #2
Easily your best video, it's quite interresting to watch how your play style has changed and improved over the video's. I see a lot less circle-strafing and a lot more positionally aware play, im not sure if you agree or not but i would say your play style is now one of the best i have seen to date. Very polished and slick play, good video, enjoyable to watch.

Many thanks

p.s. thanks for the madness

DarkDruidSS
03.16.2012 , 09:56 AM | #3
Nice vid. Recording yourself has really raised your game hasn't it? I think I need to do that so I can better see the glarring mistakes I make to polish up my game.

Keep making more. Very entertaining.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

Xinika
03.16.2012 , 10:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Faeldawn View Post
Easily your best video, it's quite interresting to watch how your play style has changed and improved over the video's. I see a lot less circle-strafing and a lot more positionally aware play, im not sure if you agree or not but i would say your play style is now one of the best i have seen to date. Very polished and slick play, good video, enjoyable to watch.

Many thanks

p.s. thanks for the madness
I'd like to personally thank you for employing me to chase after something different and I am in full agreement with you in terms of looking over how I've improved from 1-6. It's another reason I create these videos is to also help me improve. Again, a special thanks to you for showing me that there's more dimensions to the meta-game.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

Devorasx
03.16.2012 , 02:33 PM | #5
Nice video shin and nice to see you keep on going good.

So question yet again.

Has your gear improved any different or any changes made to modifications or enhacements?

And now as you have tried all 3 spec, can you comment on which you found the most entertaining and which mayhap you found the most effective. And while we are on it, can you comment strengths and weaknesses of the three?

Thanks.
TSI -The Spanish Inquisition, cause no one expects it!
Devoras Serenitus (Sith Assassin) Iron Citadel aka The Vanish King
Terix Serenitus (Jedi Sage) Iron Citadel
Armoury

Pinkspawn
03.16.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
Inspires me to keep leveling my assassin. Great videos, I've watched all of them. Keep up the good work!

RogueCody
03.16.2012 , 05:18 PM | #7
I have a quick question if you wouldn't mind.

I have been wondering if you wait for particle acceleration before using project?

Or do you simply use project on every cooldown in order to use 3 stacks of Harnessed shadows more often?

Thx for your help!

Xinika
03.16.2012 , 07:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Devorasx View Post
Nice video shin and nice to see you keep on going good.

So question yet again.

Has your gear improved any different or any changes made to modifications or enhacements?

And now as you have tried all 3 spec, can you comment on which you found the most entertaining and which mayhap you found the most effective. And while we are on it, can you comment strengths and weaknesses of the three?

Thanks.
From 5-6, it's minor improvements such as replacing champ mods with BM mods. (You should already know what mods I'm using ) I've also added a BM-Enforcer's accuracy enhancement to make sure I stay at hit cap. (Replaced the champion one in my helmet.)

Kinetic/Darkness

Unfortunately, this is still the strongest PvP tree for us and also the one that I have the least fun with. I don't like the playstyle. I rolled a Shadow because I wanted to perform with my lightsaber. This isn't fulfilling that role, but nevertheless, IS the prime PvP spec. With that in mind, note that it's also the worst tank. Yes, it is. Guardians and Vanguards can excel in group situations under the backing of a healer better than KC/Darkness tanks. They also have more passive mitigation, making them a better choice. Our mitigation is self heals, through lightning or TK. Both of which are easily interrupted.

Infiltration/Deception

My favourite spec because I love the whirling saber. However, I've come to the realization that this is indeed the worst spec in our trees. Speaking purely on a competitive level with players that have half a brain, the "glorious" burst of this spec will possibly never happen in ranked wzs. Not to mention, it's horrible survivability makes it an easy target to pick and one rightfully to kill, immediately. Fun playstyle but highly ineffective in group combat.

Balance/Madness

If there's a DPS Shadow/Sin to be picked, then this would be the right way to go. The spec can use some minor tweaks to survivability but packs a punch. It's highly underrated and devalued. Sever Force is an amazing tool. I've stopped ball carriers, saved healers and kited people around to pull off 1v2s (see last fight in vid ). I should also mention that this is also the most difficult spec of our trees to truly master because it utilizes both melee and casting.

Quote: Originally Posted by RogueCody View Post
I have a quick question if you wouldn't mind.

I have been wondering if you wait for particle acceleration before using project?

Or do you simply use project on every cooldown in order to use 3 stacks of Harnessed shadows more often?

Thx for your help!

It's important to have 3 stacks of Harnessed Shadows up, in case you need to heal. So I generally go getting the stacks up as soon as possible.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

Renvious
03.17.2012 , 02:50 AM | #9
You haven't learned a thing.
Quote:
Renvious, BobF's Companion <Obscure Guild Name Nobody Has Heard Of>
-Exitius Immortalis the Sage of Dark Reaper <Vae Victis> "Woe to the Conquered"

Xinika
03.17.2012 , 01:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDruidSS View Post
Nice vid. Recording yourself has really raised your game hasn't it? I think I need to do that so I can better see the glarring mistakes I make to polish up my game.

Keep making more. Very entertaining.
Thanks doing videos and reviewing your playstyle is a great way of helping not just others but yourself.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action