Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Noob questions

Przemo_No
03.16.2012 , 04:16 AM | #1
Hello,
Since I have NO experience in MMO please indulge if my questions are idiotic, however if you do not ask, you do not get answers, huh? So here they go:

1. Does the game have an end to the character story? (I mean RPG or PvE plays)

2. Can one skip the “heroic”, “flashpoint” missions and continue with playing without being unable to reach the “end game”? I mean – reaching the end of the story of particular character. And moreover if those are skipped, would the “gear” allow to END the game? Cos it might be (like in other RPGs) that you cannot do that because you are not fully equipped, leveled, or missed the quest in fact.

3. And now for something completely different: Understand that there are “non-Force” characters. But isn’t the SW universe ABOUT the Force? Maybe it is still for me to discover the advantages of the trooper or imperial agent (??) but so far, I am enjoying my Force abilities much more than any kind of gun would be ever able to bring.

Thanks for your opinions.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

kisharrr
03.16.2012 , 04:24 AM | #2
1: yes, in the sense that the story line has an epic conclusion
2: yes, though some of the FPs contain stories relevant to the setting (though not critical to your character's story).
3: this isn't really a question.

Alavastre
03.16.2012 , 04:49 AM | #3
This is an MMO, there is no end to anything, until the game goes offline. Stories will be continued, gear will be added, flashpoints and operations will expand and be added. People say "End Game" because they are at the end of what is currently available, but a lot of people just Raid and farm gear as End Game content. Then an expansion will come out, and there will be a new End Game.

Basically, you can finish the story for now, and there is resolution to your conflicts, but you don't finish or end a MMORPG.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

brunen
03.16.2012 , 05:16 AM | #4
The Star Wars universe isn't about the force, the force is just the focus of the films (to an extent). Indeed, many of the film characters have no force abilities (han, droids, jabba, boba, jango, chewie... the list goes on). Consider the force to be a religion and that's your answer right there. There are not "advantages" to being a non-force user, anymore than there are to being a force user.

Przemo_No
03.16.2012 , 05:35 AM | #5
Thanks all,
Quite clear now!

Those came to my mind as I am not MMO player. Of course, if I can join a group made "on the spot" to finish some heroic mission or flashpoint I do. But i do not feel obliged to just play only for that reason. Simply I do not have time for it. So, I am lone wolf, because:
a) I like that
b) I do not wan to disappoint others with my potential absence or lack of willingness to run for specific quest or item.

As for the "force"...well, since being a kid the opportunity to use force jump or choke were really appealing to me So the lightsaber.
No gun is fun

may the Force B with U ..
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

sjmc
03.16.2012 , 07:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Hello,
Since I have NO experience in MMO please indulge if my questions are idiotic, however if you do not ask, you do not get answers, huh? So here they go:

1. Does the game have an end to the character story? (I mean RPG or PvE plays)
I haven't reached level 50 yet (47), but there are several "chapters" to the story that run for many levels each. I would assume that future patches/expansion will include further chapters. At the moment, I think the individual character story pretty much stops at 50.

Quote:
2. Can one skip the “heroic”, “flashpoint” missions and continue with playing without being unable to reach the “end game”? I mean – reaching the end of the story of particular character. And moreover if those are skipped, would the “gear” allow to END the game? Cos it might be (like in other RPGs) that you cannot do that because you are not fully equipped, leveled, or missed the quest in fact.
You can get to level 50 and finish your class story by soloing and not doing any heroics or flashpoints. Depending how quickly you do it, you may need to supplement your soloing with some space missions or PVP warzones, but you can do those as one-offs and don't really need anything special for those. It helps if you make sure to logout in cantinas so that you get rested xp bonuses.

If you find yourself slightly underleveled for quests, do some PVP warzones. You get xp whether or not you win the fight and you can't lose anything. EDIT: If you do decide to do some flashpoints/heroics/pvp, you gain room to skip quests that you come across that you really don't want to do. The "class quests" are the only quests that you really must complete -- all other quests are completely optional. This is particularly applicable when you are going through the quests on your 2nd or 3rd character.

Once you reach 50, you will need to do "end game" stuff to progress. But you should arrive at 50 with everything to need to continue.

Quote:
3. And now for something completely different: Understand that there are “non-Force” characters. But isn’t the SW universe ABOUT the Force? Maybe it is still for me to discover the advantages of the trooper or imperial agent (??) but so far, I am enjoying my Force abilities much more than any kind of gun would be ever able to bring.

Thanks for your opinions.
I've played a scoundrel (smuggler) and a vanguard (trooper). Rather than use the force, they use tech (such as stealth or shield generators) and weapons to do what the jedi do with the force. Their stories focus on the military/non-force aspects of the war, such as enemy troop movements or enemy smuggler activities.