Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've Heard Sage Survivability In 50 PvP Sucks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
I've Heard Sage Survivability In 50 PvP Sucks

Benets
01.01.2013 , 07:10 AM | #11
proply position is kinda joke when people can jump on you all the time or pull you from where you are.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Brittaany_Banks
01.01.2013 , 07:34 AM | #12
If you are a sage healer you might as well not que for 50 pvp. The minute the enemy sees that green icon casting above your head you are marked, and through.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

SoonerJBD
01.02.2013 , 12:19 AM | #13
Sage survivability sucks if you try to stand in one place and turret or take on melee classes from melee range. If you can learn how to kite, use your roots and stuns and use line of sight, you can stay alive for quite a while. We're not a toe-to-toe class. You will get owned in recruit gear, but everyone does. Once your gear gets up to par, you can do just fine in regular warzones. Ranked is more of a problem. Hoping we get some buffs to make it a bit easier to stay alive in a ranked warzone.

adiwantinova
01.02.2013 , 06:44 PM | #14
In unranked pvp, I have great survivability. I always have the least deaths on the team & I'm not just playing to where I'm only concerned with self healing. My survivability is great.

Now, in ranked ... That's a different story. It just depends on how good my other healer and my tank are since everyone we face on our server is usually min/maxed.

If there are multiple smashers, and/or a couple of heavy DPS classes that can pull me back (PT/Assassin), I may be in deep trouble. Usually, moderate survivability though.

Either way, I always die less than my guardian (vigilance spec'ed, unless I have a pocket healer).
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Gyronamics
01.03.2013 , 06:58 AM | #15
You've not realised this is a thread from march last year?
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Ycoga
01.07.2013 , 05:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
You've not realised this is a thread from march last year?
So? Maybe these concerns are still relevant 9 months later.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasnít fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

DarthFamine
01.07.2013 , 05:39 AM | #17
I play a sage healer in warzones and in ranked and to be blunt. If they get close I get dead.
Now that being the case I can usually stand there and heal myself through it for a while. so if a member of my team can get them back off my im topped off and back in action fairly quick.

It's all about teamwork. we aren't supposed to go toe to toe.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Dashevel
01.09.2013 , 11:45 AM | #18
Saw this thread when I was 49 and was dreading the day where I turned 50 and played my first warzone in mint recruit gear. Surprisingly, I came in 3rd for medals and kills (TK spec). The dude in first had over 550k dmg and 40 or so kills - and yes, he was also a sage. So, it's not all dread and gloom as some people will tell you. Sage is a great class to play, if you understand it's advantages and limitations.