Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which story was the best on the Empire side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which story was the best on the Empire side?

03.16.2012 , 07:45 AM | #11
Played SI till end, IA to Act 3 and BH to Act 2.

Best Story is by far the IA. Like the others mentioned already, lots of twists and turn, James Bond like with even a hint at Oceans 11. Most varied story I've played.
BH is good so far, but it is kinda repetitive.
SI was the worst. It started quite well in Act 1 only to become unlogic and very, very repetitive in the last 2 acts.

So my advice is the IA Story. It really keeps me wanna know what's happening next.

03.16.2012 , 08:00 AM | #12
IA by a long way.

BH is ok but sags a bit in the middle - good few twists at the end. Inquiz is ok so far (im into chapter 2) but it hard to not be dark side all the way on the inquiz. Also inquiz i havetn so far felt a sense of urgency that i did with the IA and the BH.

IA made me stop and think (an i mean REALLY think). I didn't pre-decide that i would go light side or dark so, i played the pragmatist or the professional and im so very glad i did because the story plays to that. The only downside with IA is i found some of the the companion characters a bit dull.

Warrior i cant speak for at all im afraid.

03.16.2012 , 08:51 AM | #13
In order of personal preference:

IA, great storyline, lots of intrigue and twists. Bit of a James Bond feel (but in keeping with SW theme). Spoiled a little by a nasty roadblock at the end of Act 1 due to a buggy boss that is a nightmare to beat (for Snipers at least) and remains unfixed.

BH, a great space romp, lots of daring deeds. As someone else mentioned, has the feel of Firefly - a space cowboy / bucaneer / vigilante all rolled into one.

Inquisitor, so-so. Overall storyline is good and there's some nice twists. But there's also a lot of steps that felt like deliberate filler and which were rather tedious. Other problem is that at times it feels like you're following a fantasy story and not in the Star Wars universe.

Warrior, only played this one to 19 but I didn't enjoy it as much. The sadism in the storyline and my character's smug arrogance didn't draw me in. I probably need to give it another chance as others say good things about the story.

03.16.2012 , 09:09 AM | #14
So far I've played Jedi Knight Guard, Sith Warrior Marauder, Jedi Consular Shadow, Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer, Trooper Vanguard, Bounty Hunter Mercenary, Smuggler Scoundrel and Imperial Agent Sniper.

I enjoyed the IA story the most, Consular the least.

03.16.2012 , 01:58 PM | #15
Played IA, SW, JC, JK(currently).

Imperial Agent (IA) is amazingly good.

SW is ok but doesnt come anywhere close to IA.

03.16.2012 , 08:19 PM | #16
The agent story is really good and barely in front of the Inquisitor IMO (I played the SI first). BH is also good until the middle of act 2 early act 3 where it goes to some *** moments and seems extremely rushed/compacted. Sith Warrior is the only class I haven't leveled to act 1 on Emp side.

Jedi Knight was my first pub and the dialogue options for this class is the most boring re-used **** I've seen so far in the game. Most of the responses are 1 of 4 dialogue scripts just re-used and I've really been let down. (I also feel the story is really weak, but that's probably due to the piss poor written dialogues)

I'm hoping the Smuggler story is better. (next alt probably)

03.16.2012 , 09:18 PM | #17
I can say that I'm enjoying the SI/Sorc. storyline so far. I'm torn tween rolling my Sith Warrior, or Dark Jedi Knight next.

Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

03.17.2012 , 07:20 AM | #18
I'm only going to echo everyone else and say IA, terrific writing from beginning till end.

Though I wouldn't say the Sith Warrior is predictable either, I'm playing mine as a lightside reformer of the Empire and its been a bash so far.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

03.18.2012 , 10:14 PM | #19
just got though act one on imperial agent. don't want to go into details but at the end of act 1 either make the lightside choose or the go full dark YOU WILL REGRET going half way though choosing dark side :P would restart but lvl 34 so gonna live with the guilt

03.19.2012 , 02:05 AM | #20
Sith Warrior my fave, it fullfills my megalomaniac desires of UNLIMITED POWAHHHH
"Conan! What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"