Secrets of Youth and Sith Lords

DarthRamette

The 12th Imperial Infantry Division was carrying out it's monthly training on Dromund Kass. The watchful eye of one Lord Tayr was analyzing each attack, retreat, decision made in an effort to make her division not one of the best in the Empire but the best. She was hard on her men but also generous in rewards for success. Along side the 75th they had crushed the Republic efforts on Taris and gained recognition from the Dark Council itself. Even as the rain fell, she felt a disturbance in the force but could not pin point where it was coming from. As the drills ended and the men went to the barracks to relax for the weekend the sirens blared an alert and everyone jumped. Captain Malavai Quinn, who had been with her since Balmorra came to her, "My lord, Korriban is under attack from a Jedi Strike force. We have been requested to counter-attack and rid Korriban of the Jedi." As the words hit home, she barked orders to her Officer Corps and the men started to move and ready for battle. She could not believe that the Jedi would be so bold as to attack Korriban yet they were. As she boarded the Fury, her personal ship, the crew she had depended on for so long readied themselves for what was to come.

Less them 30 minutes later the Fury and the 12 were airborne and on the way to Korriban. It would be a short flight, only 15 minutes by hyperspace but that time seemed to drag on for eternity. Coming out of hyperspace the sky above Korriban was on fire with Republic and Sith fighters dancing a deadly duel. The Korriban Space Station was ablaze with pieces missing. It was a total loss. Ordering her Division to land the fury touched down 2 miles outside the Sith Academy, the place she had trained, killed, learnt and grew up. She was born on Korriban, raised on Dromund Kass but this place, this planet was home and she could feel it's fury at the Jedi invasion. Her crew knew what to do, all she had to do was nod and they were off. Leading the 12th, they reached the outskirts of the Sith Compound. Sith and Republic lie dying and dead on the ground as each meter of ground was costly yet the cost could not be too high to reclaim Korriban from the invaders. Then she felt it, a presence in her head, not a bad one but a familiar one, one she had not felt in many years. It was her father reaching out to her from inside the Academy guiding her to the main battle that was taking place near the chambers of the Dark Council. "My lord, are you alright?" asked Quinn who noticed her look and knew it was out of place

"I am fine, my father is telling me where to go and lead the men. Its a presence I have not felt in a long time." she explained to her lover and faithful friend. " This way men, to glory, to immortality, FOR THE EMPIRE!"

The 12th followed it's leader unfailingly like it always had and always would. The battle for the Sith Academy had begun.

The battle was brutal on either side, lightsabers swinging, men falling and dying in the sands. Death of course was nothing new to Korriban and it's sands soaked up the blood greedily. The 12th made it's way to the steps of the Sith Academy, bloodied but even more determined now to make the final push. The First Battalion headed to the rear of the Academy do cut off any escape route , while the Second Battalion wold make the frontal assault and take the Academy.

" Alpha, Bravo, Delta and India companies secure the first floor and staircases. Charlie, Echo, Golf and Foxtrot, you are with me to the second floor. We must secure the elevator to the Council Chambers. MOVE!!" Lord Tayr barked

The men spread out and cleared out the first floor which wasn't heavily defended. Tayr thought that would most likely mean the second floor would be defended to stop any counter-attack on the chambers. She was right. As she lead her men, striking down Republic Commando's and Jedi alike, her men fell around her. Quinn was knocked back by an explosion, slightly dazed. Seeing him go down, her heart skipped a beat at the thought of losing him. He got back up and looked around him and shook his head. "I supposed I am very lucky that didn't explode any closer." Quinn stated to break the mood.

The men pushed forward, bloody meter by bloody meter. They finally made their way to the elevator that lead to the Dark Council chambers. She knew that getting to the actual chambers would be a nightmare. the elevator could only bring up so many soldiers at a time which would lesson the combat effectiveness of her men, which was she had to admit was lethal in it's effectiveness. She could feel the force pulsing around her with the agony, death, anger, desperate feelings of the all the people around her. She could feel the rage within the Council chambers that ebbed out of the Dark Lords fighting for their survival. There was a maddening current to it all and she fed off of it. The men fought, fell, and died but pushed the Republic forces back, for each Imperial soldier that fell, the more determined the rest became. Standing in the doorway of the Council chambers was a Jedi, one she had seen but did not recognize. His blue light saber ignited at his side, calm demeanor which angered her but she could tell he was ready to fight and die.

"I have not seen you since you were 4 years old Sith, the day I struck your mother down. I see now leaving you there was a mistake, I should have taken you with me. Today I will rectify that mistake." Jedi Master Jas'on told her

Anger boiled up in her like she had never felt before, her eyes became a deep red as the Dark Side swelled up in her. This was the Jedi her father had told her about, the one that killed her mother and had her watch as he did it. She was only a child when it happened but that day cemented her hatred for the Jedi like no other. Now was her chance to avenge her mothers death was now, and it would not be passed up. "You murdered my mother, made me watch, and turned my father into a man that I don't know anymore. Your death will be today Jedi, and I will make it slow and painful." Tayr spat at the Jedi

"How is Darth Baras, I hear he is on the Council now." the Jedi asked knowing full well what the answer was. Quinn however was taken back by all of this, he had no idea that Lord Tayr was the child of Darth Baras, he mearly thought she was his apprentice. He stood there stunned but was quickly brought out of his thoughts when he heard her light saber ignite.