Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

★★★[ARENA] - benefits of adding ARENA to SWTOR★★★

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
★★★[ARENA] - benefits of adding ARENA to SWTOR★★★

Papasan
03.16.2012 , 07:48 AM | #111
i think this game needs some sort of an arena as well. not because arena is all that but it would add another element to the game (which lets be honest, it really needs).

altho, im pretty sure you are aware of this, this game is nowhere balanced around a 2v2, 3v3 or even 4v4 deathmatch scenario. all you need to do is to run a setup of 3x pt 1x merc healer or something. the 3v3 tournament they had on some US server proved just that.

i guess this could be countered by having arena maps with different levels instead of a big round circle, but then it would be so map dependent, and well, random.

anyways, well thought post. and i agree, arena is needed, but the balance in this game is not good for it at the moment.

Lerdoc
03.16.2012 , 07:50 AM | #112
Glorified deathmatches does not belong to MMO.

Even modern shooters stray away from them.
You are minority here.

cycao
03.16.2012 , 07:54 AM | #113
I stayed away from WoW with great success. Never played it, I do not know anything about it and I do not care to. All I hear is how crappy WoW was. Now why would I want this system if everyone complains that all Bioware is copying Blizzard and that this game is not WoW?

Ill roll with it either way I guess but from what I hear more people are against "arena" than those in favor or it.

Neoforcer
03.16.2012 , 07:55 AM | #114
the negative of adding arena this is what happen when you add 2v2 3v3 a 5v5 the devs have to balance around those numbers then that nice dps you were doing before in that operation or in the rated WZ goes bye bye. As they nerf your class to the ground cuz its a i win button in arena. Arenas were the worst pvp that blizzard ever added according to the blizzard developers. If the developer regrets adding said feature then i say no. If you want arena play WOW.

xNethrilx
03.16.2012 , 08:19 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadez View Post
You don't have to stay in arenas all day for this, and thos who are really interested into PvP will endure something like 10 games a day/week (however bioware would set it).

Rating only matters if you have to shove your epeen with your gear. Some of us still do fine with only the second hand gear (champion gear right now).

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well from what i see on this forums it is filled almost only with complaints too...

While I love PVP and have always loved PVP, I do not enjoy Arena much. I much preferred Rated Battlegrounds in WoW, sieges in DAOC, and other group oriented PVP of the sort. While I understand the desire for Arena combat, much of Arena is based on very fine tuning of class balance and we know classes will never be balanced. Arms warriors in WoW 2 seasons ago were massacring people. TSG was unbeatable for a time, ETC.

My request to BioWare would be:

- Feel free to implement arena's for those who really do enjoy and like them! I hope the arena's are of high quality and the class balances are done to a fairly effective level.

- (As I believe is planned) - 8 man Rated Warzones that all 8 can be pre-organized.

- Offer two sets of high end gear, one from Arena's and one from Warzones. This gear should be identical in stats thereby making them equal.

I would / will play the **** out of some Rated WZ's, but only will be found in Arena's if it is 100% required to max out points per week, and I would hate every second of it. (for the record, my highest arena rating was 2400, so while I wasn't the best, I also did not get straight pwned in it. My entire rating was earned ONLY because of the requirement to do it, and nothing more. Once I completed my Arena's each week I was done).
Nethril | The Twin Spears | Guild Sigil | Guardian

Anrix
03.16.2012 , 08:20 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
Glorified deathmatches does not belong to MMO.

Even modern shooters stray away from them.
You are minority here.
Yes, lets stick to the current model of ignoring objectives in warzones to kill each other as far away from the objective as possible ... I know I am not the only one who notices this in MMOs ...

The fact that this exists means there is a need for "Glorified deathmatches."

ShizuXIII
03.16.2012 , 08:29 AM | #117
Yes, please Bioware.
Add arenas and make them exactly like they are in WoW.

I mean, make perfect copies of the maps (maybe add some consoles and other sci-fi...stuff) and perfect copies of the classes, with lightsabers and blasters instead of whatever garbage they have on WoW.

This way you, Bioware, will be happy, because the hordes of WoW sheep will bring you untold riches.
The WoW turds will be happy because they are playing WoW all over again.
And pvpers looking for a proper pvp game will be happy because the WoW zerg will stay totally hooked to this game and away from GW2.

Win-win-win situation.

Please, arenas now.

Superastro
03.16.2012 , 08:36 AM | #118
Maybe the designers think arenas will be too intimidating.
My English is bad.

Korrigan
03.16.2012 , 08:37 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by ShizuXIII View Post
Yes, please Bioware.
Add arenas and make them exactly like they are in WoW.

I mean, make perfect copies of the maps (maybe add some consoles and other sci-fi...stuff) and perfect copies of the classes, with lightsabers and blasters instead of whatever garbage they have on WoW.

This way you, Bioware, will be happy, because the hordes of WoW sheep will bring you untold riches.
The WoW turds will be happy because they are playing WoW all over again.
And pvpers looking for a proper pvp game will be happy because the WoW zerg will stay totally hooked to this game and away from GW2.

Win-win-win situation.

Please, arenas now.
You may get in trouble for this, friend, but I agree 200%
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.

tortwig
03.16.2012 , 08:40 AM | #120
OP I couldnt agree more with everything you have said.
I would be overcome with joy, if they added an arena of any kind to this game.

I left WoW bc of all the BS and general uncaring nature Blizzard takes to all aspects of the game.

Blizzard has never tried to actually balance arenas, (Hunters always gimped, except in a few very niche comps)
It took them 5+ years to add a LFG system, where before if you wanted to do an instance you had to manually find 5 people and take a 3 hour flight to your destination (such fun I cannot describe it)
Spent tons of resources on a worthless professsion that no one wanted Archaeology
Basically the devs at blizzard do whatever the **** they want and point the middle finger to the community.
I dont want to support blizzard in anyway, but so far its the only MMO that has been able to retain subscribers.

IMO Bioware has created a fantastic game,and one of the best settings for an MMO to date. If they just made a few more changes to beef up the end game content, Id never go back wow,

TL;DR Blizzard can suck a ****, Bioware please add Arenas