Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"Fixed an issue causing incorrect access to Weekend Pass players"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Fixed an issue causing incorrect access to Weekend Pass players"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Doghealer's Avatar


Doghealer
03.15.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1
Evidently, I was mistaken in the applied change, and my argument below has been rendered moot. I withdraw it, though keep it documented below for reference.



Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

That we had a two-hour maintenance in the middle of the day...

During Spring Break...

To apply a patch...

That concerned people...

That haven't even bought the damn game yet?

Bioware, I am disappoint. -5 awesome points. Granted, you still have a few thousand in your favor, but every one counts...
[Force Persuade] You will give me all your credits.
Credits earned this way so far: 0.

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
03.15.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please do note that in our messages on the forums, we indicated that this downtime was necessary to ensure a good experience for all players on the game servers during this weekend. We do not bring the servers down unless it is necessary, and but we did need to in this instance. We're sorry for any inconvenience, and did bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.

JustTed's Avatar


JustTed
03.15.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Doghealer View Post
Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

That we had a two-hour maintenance in the middle of the day...

During Spring Break...
I stopped reading here. When you get some real problems this won't seem so important to you.

DjSnazzyduds's Avatar


DjSnazzyduds
03.15.2012 , 02:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Doghealer View Post
Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

That we had a two-hour maintenance in the middle of the day...

During Spring Break...

To apply a patch...

That concerned people...

That haven't even bought the damn game yet?

Bioware, I am disappoint. -5 awesome points. Granted, you still have a few thousand in your favor, but every one counts...
Get Laid. It's 2 hour, did you go blind? Did your heart stop? ARE YOU DEAD? No, because if you did go through any of those stages then you wouldn't have made this dumb thread.

In the end IF this Weekend Pass thing works than hopefully, we'll have more population in our servers. Whats a couple cents out of your $15 a month matter, as long as it goes to improving the game right?

Doghealer's Avatar


Doghealer
03.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DjSnazzyduds View Post
Get Laid. It's 2 hour, did you go blind? Did your heart stop? ARE YOU DEAD? No, because if you did go through any of those stages then you wouldn't have made this dumb thread.

In the end IF this Weekend Pass thing works than hopefully, we'll have more population in our servers. Whats a couple cents out of your $15 a month matter, as long as it goes to improving the game right?
Did I complain about going blind, having my heart stop, or being dead? No. I fail to see why you brought it up.

It's just business practice 101: Never kick your loyal and paying customers in the pants in order to impress non-loyal and non-paying customers.
[Force Persuade] You will give me all your credits.
Credits earned this way so far: 0.

Kabaal's Avatar


Kabaal
03.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
If companies were only concerned with the people who had already bought their product then they would never grow. It's. Not. All. About. You.

Minus 2 for the thread, +1 for the sig.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

TheGreatEski's Avatar


TheGreatEski
03.15.2012 , 02:41 PM | #8
@OP

It was a poor choice of time but it's hardly the end of the world.

Of course, you're not really freaking out about it, so you don't really deserve to be bashed on by irritated fans who are tired of dealing with overreacting idiots.

@Irritated fans

Lets try to focus our anger on the fools who deserve it eh?
The world is always ending. Get over it.

JustTed's Avatar


JustTed
03.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Doghealer View Post
Did I complain about going blind, having my heart stop, or being dead? No. I fail to see why you brought it up.

It's just business practice 101: Never kick your loyal and paying customers in the pants in order to impress non-loyal and non-paying customers.
You can talk about business practices when you've worked at a major corporation for a few years, but you'll have to get out of college first.

As usual, an entitlement-addled forum poster has no idea what he's talking about. At all.

Go get a second hobby.

Babyduck's Avatar


Babyduck
03.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #10
Their efforts are directed at bringing in new players. This is an effort to help fill up the existing servers so that players will stop complaining so much about dead servers! Stop and think about what they are doing because it will benefit us all in the end with a larger player base.
Member of Squadron 11-11-11