Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS making game unplayable.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FPS making game unplayable.

Ironstan
12.16.2011 , 12:19 PM | #1
I have 2 computers running side by side. Both exceed specs. Yet, the PFS hovers around 9.

Please help me find a way to correct this soon. I don't want to have to pay (x2) for a game I will be unable to enjoy.

Thank you.

SirSensi
12.16.2011 , 12:29 PM | #2
Post specs, please?
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

Opalene
12.16.2011 , 12:32 PM | #3
Please see the following thread which already addresses this issue, has an official reply and a lot of helpful info!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=22835&page=2

Hope that helps!

Fraddle
12.16.2011 , 12:33 PM | #4
It seems to me, that your problem is similar to mine.
I already opened a thread in the german community forum, yet up till now, there has been no one who would have been able to come up with an solution.

My System specs are:
Acer Aspire 5745 PG Notebook
Intel i5-460M Prozessor (~2,54 ghz) 4GB Ram.
Nividia GeFroce GT 420M (driver 8.17.12.8562).
Intel R HD Graphics Drivers versions are 8.15.10.2559
Direct X11 ist updated as well as is my Operations System (WIndows 7)

if already gone through a wohle system whipeout yesterday without any effect.
beforehand my System could handle WOW at max Settings at 25 Raids without any trouble - neither did i have any Problems at playing skyrim.

What buggers me the most is, that i could play StarWars at the Beta weekend with 17 FPS.
But now somehow the game (or my system) seems to be messed up.
~7 Fps ... what i noticed is that i can get FPS boosts up to 30 if i switch to my desktop and back into the game ... but within 20 seconds the frames drop back to "normal"

If theres anyone who can help, he`ll have my eternal gratitude - i`d even considre naming my firstborn son after him.

Ironstan
12.16.2011 , 03:34 PM | #5
Thank you for the replies. I've had issues replying to my own thread. Kept telling to log in, over and over but never letting me post.

Anyway, I've been going over many of these type of threads. The result has been a slight improvement. Tython seems a lot worse than the other starting worlds though.

I'll try an post my specs later. I'm away from gaming room.