Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow Tank or DPS?

Abishi
03.15.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1
I have been playing a shadow DPS and I am almost to valor 60 and about to start investing in my Battle master gear. I have really enjoyed the class and like the way it plays, I generally can hold my own in PVP if there is a decent healer in the group but get owned in most 1 vs 1s.... I was thinking maybe I should respect to tank....any thoughts or suggestions on which is a better skill tree to play for PVP before I start buying my battlemaster gear?

swredrage
03.15.2012 , 01:35 PM | #2
i think everyone should respecT the tank.

ShaN
03.15.2012 , 01:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Abishi View Post
I have been playing a shadow DPS and I am almost to valor 60 and about to start investing in my Battle master gear. I have really enjoyed the class and like the way it plays, I generally can hold my own in PVP if there is a decent healer in the group but get owned in most 1 vs 1s.... I was thinking maybe I should respect to tank....any thoughts or suggestions on which is a better skill tree to play for PVP before I start buying my battlemaster gear?
Definitely Tank with Stalker set

DarthXray
03.15.2012 , 01:40 PM | #4
LOL infiltration shadows in pvp are LOLBAD i could probly kill you 3 times before you get me down to 50%. yeah you need to go into the kinetic tree but there is a secret to the tree you are going to want to go 27/0/14 there i gave you a hint you figure out the rest

MiaRB
03.15.2012 , 01:44 PM | #5
lol. for all you dps geared nontanking tanks, enjoy the world of rated WZ pugs that get steamrolled over and over. because you will not find a spot on any good team.
can't wait for this game to come out!

barreness
03.15.2012 , 10:47 PM | #6
Hey there, your question is best answered by Powerr a shadow infil and kinetic..
Watch the vid "powerr shadow solo tank w/ commentary"...
You'll be kinetic like 2 mins after... There is also infil burst vids too..
31 0 10, This is one of the best pvp specs in the game atm, I mean I see huge dps numbers by infil, but the survivability in swtor pvp stops caps, interupts more, guards heals or dps, can use kick out of stealth, and tank that can stealth aint bad at all..

You do want the stalker set, and the survivor... Yes u gotta get both.
You can swap the mods any way u want that way...

Any way check the vids.. And the pvp tank thread sticky on shadow tank pvp. By powerr.
He made me proud to roll a shadow..

Ryanxxx
03.16.2012 , 02:50 AM | #7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGa1a8J2gms

Go check out my Infiltration burst vid
I will always be burst so much fun

Abishi
03.16.2012 , 01:03 PM | #8
lol....thanks so much for the replies....good stuff.... personally I think all the melee DPS classes are alittle too vunerable in this game.