Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quinn's Cleanse: What's it for ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Quinn's Cleanse: What's it for ?

wainot-keel
03.15.2012 , 08:44 AM | #1
Does it work ?

I had trouble beating Admiral Shai on Ilum. Died miserably a few times until I came up with a strategy.

That admiral doesn't look like much, but at some point, he starts stacking up some really nasty stuff on your character that can lead to a quick demise.

The first 8 stacks of that purple stuff is something about melee attacks being slower. Don't know if those matter
The 2nd debuff is 8 stacks of Trauma. oh gawd, with those, I was getting 0 healing from Quinn. I mean, "Malavai Quinn: 0" was over my toon's head at that point.
The last stack, I don't remember its name, but it was something like "increased damage taken". No kidding. With this one and no healing you melt in seconds.

Cleanse: "Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects"
So, none of those debuffs count as "tech" or "physical" effects ?
Between repair bills, I checked and double checked that Cleanse was enabled, so I know it was on

Goodmonson
03.15.2012 , 09:11 AM | #2
Some things cannot be cleansed by any class of healer. That fight you are talking about has a trick to it. The only way to stop from being debuffed to death is to hit the admiral as soon as he pops out of stealth. You can force choke, interrupt him. The trick of the fight is to stop him casting those debuffs on you. Any damage or interrupt will do. For some reason some debuffs do not fall into any category that can be cleansed. There are quiet a few of those kinds of debuffs during end game.

The Admiral is pretty easy to beat once you find out his trick. It took me about 3 trys on my Juggernaut to figure out the trick. Once you do this he is super easy to beat.

wainot-keel
03.15.2012 , 10:18 AM | #3
I didn't know about that trick.

In my experience, the real problem starts at round two, after he summons those 2 lackies. In round one he doesn't put those debuffs on you.
I was also concerned about interrrupting his Cryo Granade/AoE combo, which is pretty bad too, so my interrupts were used to avoid them

For me, it boiled down to be at 100% health at the end of round 1 (Saber Ward, Heroic moment), and then at round 2 use Obfuscate, not before, (don't know if Juggs have it). I killed him at the start of round 3 and ended up with 4 stacks of each debuff. Not sure you can totally avoid them.

Anyway, if Cleanse worked on these, it'd be a trivial boss fight.

Arlanon
03.15.2012 , 01:57 PM | #4
I've noticed, during my 2-man hm fp adventures, that Quinn can cleanse the slowing effect of the BT final boss suck-you-in attack.