Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invitation for all who urge server merges!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Invitation for all who urge server merges!

wyvernmonarch
03.15.2012 , 05:40 AM | #11
i support the merging of servers, and/or free server transfers.

there are many posts asking bioware to provide this. all of you reading this, whenever you see a forum post on the issue, post a quick !support on it. bioware will, inevitably listen if enough ppl clamour for it, as we all pay $15 a month.

Alcarinn
03.15.2012 , 05:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by wyvernmonarch View Post

there are many posts asking bioware to provide this. all of you reading this, whenever you see a forum post on the issue, post a quick !support on it. bioware will, inevitably listen if enough ppl clamour for it, as we all pay $15 a month.
We all do, but if you really think about what will happen to legacy names? someone will obviously have to either manually or forced change it.

Also same names of characters etc...

That is why we(I) started this ''project'' to try and give community the start of fixing the problem ourselves.

At this very moment Dromund Kaas has 67 people online(fleet had 66) at 12:45 CET

iloveicarly
03.15.2012 , 05:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
Yeah exactly, plus i dont think they have a clue what to do with overwriting legacy names since merged serves might have identical legacy names and people will be pissed off...

Thats why we should create our own ''community'' merge especially before 1.2 hits and before people loose will to play... this ''project'' will show how much people value MMO in MMORPG or they simply just ''cry'' for merges also not to mention to get from lvl 1 - 50 it takes about 2 weeks if you play a little more than ''usually''

You can also spacebar now and so on and on

And with alot of people lvling we will get easy groups but the thing has to start rolling

Spread the word!
ok,I support this idea damn jedi mind tricks >.<

Kirameki
03.15.2012 , 05:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by wyvernmonarch View Post

I support that ppl who ask for merges wont be allowed to get their name/legacy back if the name occurs on the servers they are being merged with.

Merging brings loads of issues double char names/ double guild names/legacy exp/legacy names and then we also have balancing issues. Merge an empire dominant server with more empire dominant server and we get pages full of those complaints.

Free transfers however, yes but only for those who played on very heavy servers and rerolled to lower populated servers due to the long waiting lines.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterTumblr

Alcarinn
03.15.2012 , 06:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
I support that ppl who ask for merges wont be allowed to get their name/legacy back if the name occurs on the servers they are being merged with.

Merging brings loads of issues double char names/ double guild names/legacy exp/legacy names and then we also have balancing issues. Merge an empire dominant server with more empire dominant server and we get pages full of those complaints.

Free transfers however, yes but only for those who played on very heavy servers and rerolled to lower populated servers due to the long waiting lines.
Lets try and not talk about server merges and/or free transfers that might come in future until we get some actual info

Lets try and spread the word and point people to this topic and ''convince'' them that it is in whole community which is also theirs interest to make our own ''merge'' asap to keep the feeling of MMO as high as possible for a long long time!

Spread the word!

Etilrellim
03.15.2012 , 06:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by iloveicarly View Post
they don't have the data to merge servers yet I asked an GM ingame about it!
Yeah cause you talked to a real GM in game. Nice try all we get are the droids. Live customer service is a myth like dryland
Put Peanut butter on it!

We are old Sunrunner Veterans from SWG looking to rock the Rebels once again. http://www.swtorholocron.com/

DeanCalaway
03.15.2012 , 07:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
to get from lvl 1 - 50 it takes about 2 weeks
I started on January and so far I have a lvl 34 and 16, that's it.

Either I'm doing something wrong or not playing long enough.

I did notice my server population kinda dropping, weekdays on the afternoon in January there were around 150 people on the fleet, now if I see 50 that's a lot.
On the planet's that goes around 5~20.

Bioware was bit too optimistic it seems made plenty of room.
Merging servers could be a solution but names are always a problem, or are they? We have legacies the combination of first an last name should be enough to have unic names.

Sure, John A might wrinkle his nose if he sees a John B walking by, but it sure beats walking around on an empty server.

Alcarinn
03.15.2012 , 07:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DeanCalaway View Post
I started on January and so far I have a lvl 34 and 16, that's it.

Either I'm doing something wrong or not playing long enough.

I did notice my server population kinda dropping, weekdays on the afternoon in January there were around 150 people on the fleet, now if I see 50 that's a lot.
On the planet's that goes around 5~20.

Bioware was bit too optimistic it seems made plenty of room.
Merging servers could be a solution but names are always a problem, or are they? We have legacies the combination of first an last name should be enough to have unic names.

Sure, John A might wrinkle his nose if he sees a John B walking by, but it sure beats walking around on an empty server.
Well if you write ingame /played you see the amount of time you played ...

I imagine you will have roughly 5-6 days of playtime. If you have more you are ''inefficient'' since i get 1-50 in around 10 days playtime (thats /played)

Unless its your 1st char(which yours is but i am talking about those lvl 50s now and for some time) it should NOT take you longer than 10 days /played

Thats irrelevant and i really wish we wouldnt talk about server merges and/or transfers there is a different thread about those so lets keep the project running and if you do not wish to participate rather post in respective threads.

Thanks in advance!

For example current numbers on imperial side on The Red Eclipse server at 14:40 CET

Imperial Fleet: 89 people
Dormund Kaas: 65 people

Republic side:

Republic fleet: 79
Corruscant: 48

Spread the word!

Kirameki
03.15.2012 , 08:10 AM | #19
69 ppl on Tython atm (Red Eclipse).

omg that is like 400% more then my previous server ><
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterTumblr

Alcarinn
03.15.2012 , 08:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
69 ppl on Tython atm (Red Eclipse).

omg that is like 400% more then my previous server ><
Yep...

If more (of us/you) guys here on forum come it will be 300 easily

Spread the word!