Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Defeating the Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Defeating the Emperor

demonicwarlord
03.15.2012 , 01:27 AM | #1
I'm up to fighting the emperor in the story quest but I can't defeat him the droid companion is useless and I'm a guardian so I can't really dps quickly enough before I die. I have read a strategy is to pull him out to the ramp where the tree is but I tried that and he just lost aggro and reset..
Does anyone have a strategy for this boss that they have used?

Mrcookjr
03.15.2012 , 01:46 AM | #2
When he starts to focus and glow red, interrupt him. That's really the only thing that you should have a problem with. Also, gearing T2 can really help. Remember to stop that super push.

demonicwarlord
03.15.2012 , 02:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrcookjr View Post
When he starts to focus and glow red, interrupt him. That's really the only thing that you should have a problem with. Also, gearing T2 can really help. Remember to stop that super push.
Wow thanks interrupting those skills worked I did it first try pretty easy thanks

Mrcookjr
03.15.2012 , 02:21 AM | #4
NP feels get to get that off your shoulders.

Mrrshan
03.15.2012 , 03:12 AM | #5
Well done on killing him.
I still don't understand how can someone reach that level and still not know about interrupts but hey, that's just me
Lvl 50 Jedi Master - Watchman Sentinel - Yes i killed the Emperor the first try and all I got was a lousy T-Shirt.

BrotherPain
03.15.2012 , 05:50 AM | #6
Honestly, my problem with him wasn't interrupts*, but the mass of clones, and thinking I untargetted him. Also, any kind of lag spike will kill you in that battle.

(* though I'd say that they're not adequetely explained in the game, since at least one guildie hadn't realized the importance of them even though he'd reached Tatooine)

KruelhandJorb
03.15.2012 , 07:46 AM | #7
there's some sort of puzzle in that area that if you unlock it you get lvl 49 or 50 gear for T7 as most people do stop using him relatively early.
Conqueror Nowuc Saberward - Jedi Sentinel - The Bastion

Leatham
03.15.2012 , 01:15 PM | #8
You had 50 levels to L2P JK. All of the "final" boss fights are patheticly easy.

Blizzax
03.24.2012 , 03:46 AM | #9
It was surprisingly easy to defeat the emperor. But you should avoid to get distracted by the clones. If you ignore the clones and keep throwing maximum damage at the real emperor he is out very fast.

Greyshadow
03.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #10
The trouble is, for many of us, the T7 chest is bugged (myself included), fortunately I had him fairly well geared because I stated alternating companions during the 40's.

The clones are fairly useless, they don't cause a lot of damage, just a lot of headache, and they only take 1 slash to remove. Personally I didn't bother with the clones and just focused on the Emperor.

Interrupting his Jazz Hands is the key to winning the fight (as well as putting up your wards when you can). But it's been said many times (myself being one of them), that there is a bit of a bug (not a bit, really a major issue), where he can fire his "I've got you now!" move without casting it, and even while casting a completely different skill.

The fight is SO fast paced, and the clones are SO distracting, it took me several tries before I discovered I wasn't doing anything wrong (I was swearing I was missing the interrupt). When I finally beat him it's because he played fair.