Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

best 1v1 class

sinsProphecy
03.14.2012 , 10:02 PM | #1
hey all i am having trouble picking what to play for pvp. i like to be able to have good 1v1 fights. i have a 50 powertech but i think it has a lack of complexity. so can anyone give me some advice?

Anbokr
03.14.2012 , 10:03 PM | #2
uhhh, pt powertechs, marauders, operatives, and tankassins are all amazing at 1v1. Comes down to player skill between these 4.

Sugarray
03.14.2012 , 10:03 PM | #3
Hard to determin, wish you could duel in Fleet.

A shame that duel isnt a part of this game, since you cannot do it where people are at.

Tiresias
03.14.2012 , 10:04 PM | #4
Kinetic Combat Shadow / Darkness Assassin.

Perhaps the absolute best 1v1 class/spec in the game. Modest skill floor, modest skill ceiling.

Scales up poorly in large engagements. Consider yourself warned.

alderdale
03.14.2012 , 10:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
uhhh, pt powertechs, marauders, operatives, and tankassins are all amazing at 1v1. Comes down to player skill between these 4.
From what I have read on these forums you can just roll a merc then hit Trace Missle over and over and over and kill every player on the play field? I didnt even see them in the list.

Varicite
03.14.2012 , 10:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sinsProphecy View Post
hey all i am having trouble picking what to play for pvp. i like to be able to have good 1v1 fights. i have a 50 powertech but i think it has a lack of complexity. so can anyone give me some advice?
Didn't we just do this thread yesterday? <.<

Pretty sure that Annihilation Maras, Pyro PTs, and tank hybrid Sins win this contest.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

biowareftw
03.14.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
Anni/Watchman Marauder/sent annihilate pt/vanguard (accuracy debuff stops all rail shots from hitting), sniper/slinger is 100 percent hard counter to sent/marauder (noone knows it yet), stealth slaughters sniper/slinger, pt/vanguard pwns the @@%@ out of derps and so does op/scoundrel. doesn't make them OP though.

The one class that can beat everything? SiN/Shadow but it is a really close fight with a marauder/sent.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Varicite
03.14.2012 , 10:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Anni/Watchman Marauder/sent annihilate pt/vanguard (accuracy debuff stops all rail shots from hitting), sniper/slinger is 100 percent hard counter to sent/marauder (noone knows it yet), stealth slaughters sniper/slinger, pt/vanguard pwns the @@%@ out of derps and so does op/scoundrel. doesn't make them OP though.

The one class that can beat everything? SiN/Shadow but it is a really close fight with a marauder/sent.
Crude, but pretty much true, imo. : P
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

biowareftw
03.14.2012 , 10:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Crude, but pretty much true, imo. : P
Yeah...It is gonna suck when people realize how good a counter sniper/slingers are to JK/SW classes lol.

I tore @$#% up on mine in beta. Two in tandem on skype would just be silly in a warzone. KABOOOOOOM .
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Cegenaus
03.14.2012 , 10:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by alderdale View Post
From what I have read on these forums you can just roll a merc then hit Trace Missle over and over and over and kill every player on the play field? I didnt even see them in the list.
to an extent. mercs have good dps but ****** survivability. have fun throwing TMs around but pray that no one notices you

btw that doesnt make them a good 1v1 class, probably the worst in the game
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek