Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at level 38 with no quests.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Stuck at level 38 with no quests.

Animeprime
03.14.2012 , 08:33 PM | #1
I think I've messed up a bit while leveling. Right now I'm level 38 and just finished up all the quests on Hoth. I wanted to move to Belsaris, but when I get there everything is level 42 to 44 and quests are red. I didn't start doing bonus quests until Tatooene because I ran into something of a similar problem. I also haven't been doing the heroics or flashpoints since I can't seem to get a group for them. Do I need to go back to Hoth and grind on mobs for a while until I'm around level forty? I've looked at some leveling guides but I've already done the bonus quests on most of the other planets like Taris.

monkgryphon
03.14.2012 , 08:35 PM | #2
Space missions and flashpoints and pvp will help. You really should find a group for heroics of FPs... spam general chat til you get someone to help you.

Knewt
03.14.2012 , 08:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Animeprime View Post
I've looked at some leveling guides but I've already done the bonus quests on most of the other planets like Taris.
I believe the Nar Shada bonus series is close to your level range. There should be someone on the fleet or in the Nar Shada space port with a bread crumb quest. Not all of the bonus series are available when you complete the planet.

You can also do space missions or PvP. Unfortunately, space missions at your level are not ideal for leveling. PvP might be good. Flashpoints are also a good alternative.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

Kytea
03.14.2012 , 08:38 PM | #4
I'm level 41 and haven't finished Balmorra yet...

aarka
03.14.2012 , 08:39 PM | #5
The NarShaddaa bonus series might still have some green quests for you. The quests are level 32 I think. Pick up the chain near the hangar bay.

The Alderaann bonus series should be done just before Belsavis. The chain starts back on the fleet near the PvP vendors.

Doing those and the other side quests in the area should get you about 2-3 levels.

Space_Gimp
03.14.2012 , 08:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by aarka View Post
The NarShaddaa bonus series might still have some green quests for you. The quests are level 32 I think. Pick up the chain near the hangar bay.

The Alderaann bonus series should be done before Belsavis. The chain starts back on the fleet near the PvP vendors.

Doing those and the other side quests in the area should get you about 2-3 levels.
There's an Alderaan bonus series?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." - Ghandi

Knewt
03.14.2012 , 08:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
Yes. It starts around 38-ish.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

JerokTalram
03.14.2012 , 08:53 PM | #8
For some reason HOTH doesn't give much XP. There's even another thread about it. I started HOTH close to or at level 39 and finished it at level 41 so like you, but not as bad, I was underleveled for Belsavis and frankly Belsavis is a tough planet.

Now to go from level 38 to level 42 is going to take you some time but you definitely want to do War Zones and maybe some space missions as well. As someone mentioned if you haven't done the Nar Shaddaa Bonus series that would be some good xp for you.

Spoiler

Drudenfusz
03.14.2012 , 08:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
Yes, but it starts not on Alderaan... at least for republik players you get it started on the fleet, which sends you back to Alderaan.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Bantha_Father
03.14.2012 , 09:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Yes, but it starts not on Alderaan... at least for republik players you get it started on the fleet, which sends you back to Alderaan.
You can also get the quest inside Organa Palace - first floor, 2nd left.