Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Class Speculation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Class Speculation

KilJadaen
03.25.2012 , 09:48 PM | #21
I agree that maybe not necessarily new classes but new Advanced classes. I also think that they could throw in some new lightsaber forms. Like a lightsaber wip or a saber spear, those saber tonfas from the Force Unleashed 2 game or, even have a class like Grievous with multiple arms so you can have multiple blades. But I also agree that they could definitaly throw in some non-jedi or sith classes that use vibroswords. Another idea that I had was they could do a class like the Night Sisters, a type of witch that can use magic and sorcery, for those who always loved a good necromancer. Again these are only ideas.

ScottHK
03.26.2012 , 04:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudveil View Post
i don't think they will put a summoning class, for starters it could really mess up with the companion thing they have and also they have the "droid/engy" aspect pretty much covered by active abilities of smugglers/ia
Really, it wouldn't, because the point of a summoner class is their dps comes from a pet. Said pet would then replace the summoner for damage output and effectively replace him in nearly all aspects.. The only difference is, Summoners would have it easier with harder content, because the enemy effectively has three health bars to eat before it wins.
Vaber : Sith Inquisitor : Sorceror : Trask Ulgo
Zeento : Smuggler : Scoundrel : Trask Ulgo

"You don't need a reason to help people."

FantasyWriter
03.26.2012 , 04:22 AM | #23
Next expansion should really have both brand new base classes (along with their respective 2 AC for each base class) and branching AC storylines. Lets say the level cap is raised to 60, from 50 to 60 the class story lines could be different based on AC not the base class. Going back and changing the story quests for every single class from levels 1-50 would be ridiculous. And what would really be awesome is 2 new base classes (4 new AC's) for each faction in the next expansion.
Master Drindaar Lightkeeper - Human - Jedi Sage - Light V - lvl 50
Lieutenant Varick Lightkeeper - Cyborg - Commando - Light III - lvl 28

Drewhat
03.26.2012 , 07:43 AM | #24
I think a Mandalorian class that wasn't Empire or Republic would be interesting. If there were unaligned classes...? They could have missions on all worlds but only buy from the Hutt GTN. There would have to be their own neutral hub, or have the ability to buy fleet passes to either the republic or empire fleets depending on what they had done in their stories.

I think a 'summoning class' would be interesting if it could involve something like droid/beast reusables that have the potential to be destroyed (think pokemon?!?). They would have to be made and then held in your inventory or even equipped on the person in class specific slots.

Darth_Solrac
03.26.2012 , 09:17 AM | #25
Binx class baby.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

SvnStrSlm
03.26.2012 , 09:48 AM | #26
i think a droid class would be cool. something along the lines of a of a pet summoner and bard like class. the would be a blaster class and can summon different types of driods depending on the situation. the bard type could use wavelength feild generators that buff your party and debuff the enemy. shared tree could be nano tech which deploys nano bots for dps/debuffs.

on a side note it would be awesome if the allowed defection. say at the first level cap increase it should be built into the story.

Blue-moon
03.26.2012 , 08:13 PM | #27
I'd like to see Teras Kasi added as a new class. Loved it from the early SWG days.

darthtrunkmonkey
03.26.2012 , 08:18 PM | #28
who says droids cant romance?

ever heard of androids?

Hraken
03.26.2012 , 11:32 PM | #29
The way I see it, if they're going to create a new class, they have to think of character archetypes first. Almost all of the classes (maybe excepting the Trooper and IA) are based on characters from the movies (SI is Maul or Sidious, Knight is Luke or Anakin, Smuggler is Han, etc), so you'd have to find a prominent character from the movies who isn't really covered by the classes we have.

And....I don't really see one. Pretty much all the major heroes and villains from the movies either already have a class or simply wouldn't work very well as a class (Chewie's too much of a sidekick to be a stand-alone class, Leia's basically an officer character, which wouldn't involve much combat).

So given that the results likely wouldn't be as good, and it would be a lot of work anyway, I doubt they're going to make another class.
Master Hraken Creel (Level 50 Jedi Sage)
Darth Aerand (Level 50 Sith Sorcerer)
Cassus Creel, Hired Gun (Level 16 Powertech)

Lheim
03.26.2012 , 11:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hraken View Post
The way I see it, if they're going to create a new class, they have to think of character archetypes first. Almost all of the classes (maybe excepting the Trooper and IA) are based on characters from the movies (SI is Maul or Sidious, Knight is Luke or Anakin, Smuggler is Han, etc), so you'd have to find a prominent character from the movies who isn't really covered by the classes we have.

And....I don't really see one. Pretty much all the major heroes and villains from the movies either already have a class or simply wouldn't work very well as a class (Chewie's too much of a sidekick to be a stand-alone class, Leia's basically an officer character, which wouldn't involve much combat).

So given that the results likely wouldn't be as good, and it would be a lot of work anyway, I doubt they're going to make another class.
That's kinda pessimistic - I mean, I definitely see new classes as an expansion thing, but I don't see any reason they'd consider them too much work, or wouldn't be able to fit them in.

What I'm thinking is they might make some really unusual class be tied into an expansion of the number of actual alien character types you can play. Like, you could open up .. for hypothetical sake, let's say Selkath and Wookies, to play. They might get a selection of existing classes; they might also get a new unique class each per side.

Sith side could be 'slaver' - imagine playing a sith-loyal wookie slave master.

Republic? Hard to say, love the idea that popped up earlier of the SIS agent. Selkath SIS agent, that's *hot*.
Endgame gear grinds are not the way.