Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Class Speculation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Class Speculation

Drewhat
03.15.2012 , 07:12 AM | #11
I don't think people have figured out the roles and counters to the current classes, so it wouldn't be wise to throw in something else.

Stormskimmer
03.15.2012 , 08:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
Would be hard because of the voice acting but if they had too:
Sith Sorcerer (change current sorcerers name):
-Story: A dark "mad/evil scientist" character who focuses on developing powerful and new sith magics. Is shunned by the Sith similar to Lord Spindral (Sith Inquisitor NPC) as being a lunatic and madman.

-Can spec to either use poisons to do damage over time or summon AI mobs to help fight.

-Advanced Classes:
-Sith Beastmaster: Summons undead corpses, mutated beasts, and Sithspawn to help fight or draw aggro.
-Weapon: Lightwhip
-Sith Alchemist: Concocts poisons and special toxins to do Damage over time.
-Weapon: Lightsaber Pike

Jedi Scientist: -Story: Anakin-esque story where you play as a sort of outcast in the Jedi Order. You prefer spending your time tinkering with droids and starfighters or pondering scientific dilemnas rather than being a diplomat

-Can spec to either use poisons to do damage over time or summon AI mobs to help fight.

Advanced Clasees:
Jedi Mechanic: Summons a variety of Droids as NPC'sto help tank and fight.
-Weapon: Electrostaff (yeah you heard me)
Jedi Philosopher: Focuses on creating elixers and draughts to help buff allies and fight enemies with Damage over time.
-Weapon: Lightsaber Pike
Without bothering to examine anything in detail beyond the name, wouldn't Sith Alchemist be a better name for the base class, instead of causing all kinds of chaos by changing the current base class to a different name? As for the advanced class, it could be called toxicologist, perhaps?

SamuraiLeo
03.15.2012 , 12:00 PM | #13
i would love to see a droid class
mostly because i have a droid cc with no cd

sandollor
03.15.2012 , 01:21 PM | #14
I'd love a droid class, as long as I could look like Johnny 5.
Warning: Touch the master's blade and lose an arm, meatbag!
- HK-47

DevTheSith
03.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #15
id like to see a neutral class... like a class thats there just for fun, no huge storyline keep it short and simple

and use other races like,

Jawas
Sand People
wookies
those taz things on hoth
etc

TWEWYFan
03.16.2012 , 08:01 AM | #16
One class I've been condisdering is the non-Jedi, non-Sith force users.

On the Republic side you could have the Rogue Jedi, someone who learned to wield the Force away from Jedi Order. Maybe they were too remote and the Jedi Order missed them. Maybe they stayed away, didn't want to give up their home and loved ones. Maybe they were part of the Jedi Order at one point and left for one reason or another(you meet a number of NPC's like this already so it does happen).

On the Sith side you could have Sith Apostate, someone who was trained in methods not practiced by the traditional Sith. They could have been the apprentice of some renegade dark jedi who refused to follow the Emperor. Maybe they received their training from an ambitious Moff who wanted their own Force-sensitive agent.

The class's skills and equipment could reflect their non-traditional training. They could use a lightsaber as their main weapon and as a subweapon use something like a scattergun or a vibroknife. They could Force-pull enemies towards them and then blast them with the scattergun, or maybe charge their vibroknife with Force-lightning, throw it at their enemy, and then pull it back.

Character-wise they could be similar to Mara Jade or even the Jedi Exile.

Zalgred
03.16.2012 , 08:16 AM | #17
I don't think they could add more stating classes, but they could add more Advance classes, and with this new story arcs...

I have always felt that Bioware made a mistake putting the story arcs from lvl 1... Story arcs should take different paths as soon as you choose your advance class, and leave the staring planet as an intro to that class, nothing more...

This is something that could be corrected and even encourage people to reroll classes they have already played.

For example, The Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular have different starting story, but then with the advanced classes The Guardians and Sentinels follow different paths in how they approach things, same thing goes for Sages and Shadows, so why not give them different story arcs?

This will allow for new Advanced Classes to be implemented.

DarthMintCake
03.16.2012 , 04:53 PM | #18
^ Like that idea better.

Could always add the Mandalorians in to it? One need one or two classes.
Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

flyersfan
03.16.2012 , 04:56 PM | #19
I would like an SIS Agent to mirror the Imperial Agent for the Republic. It's one of my favourite classes to play, but I prefer the Republic.

Here are ideas that I posted in this thread about the class:

Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
Infiltrator (Operative equivalent):

This would be the stealth and heal Advanced Class for the SIS Agent. For all intents and purposes, it would just be a Republic version of the Operative.

Undercover:

This would be the Concealment equivalent with an emphasis on stealth and mle attacks with high burst damage.

Surgeon:

This would be the Medicine equivalent with all of the healing abilities.

Contamination:

This would be the shared tree that's the Lethality equivalent that relies on abilities that cause poison effects.

Scout (Sniper equivalent):

Precision:

Marksmanship equivalent with emphasis on the usage of the sniper rifle.

Mechanic:

Engineering equivalent with emphasis on probes and machinery.

Contamination:

The shared tree that's the Lethality equivalent, which relies on abilities that cause poison effects.

Diopter
03.16.2012 , 11:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMintCake View Post
^ Dont want Wookiee as that takes us back to the SWG days and i dont want that.
I hated wookiees. I charged double for slices to wookiees.
Diopter
SWG:Shadowfire - SWTOR:The Bastion
Forever Smuggling