Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 release date?

WesleyJanson
03.19.2012 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by farfulnugen View Post
They don't have a history of releasing things when it's ready.

Actually EA has a history of not releasing things when they are ready.

Things are coming out in 1.2 about 4-5 months from launch that not only should have been in at launch but were in the beta and then removed when the game was launched. EA has waited about 4-5 months to give us sauce with the spaghetti we ordered in December.
BIOWARE:We don't serve their kind here!
LUKE: What?
BIOWARE: Your Australians. They'll have to wait outside.We don't want them here.

Dayln
03.19.2012 , 11:00 AM | #22
No they don’t... they need to work on that and stop listening to impatient players demanding things earlier instead of when they are ready
I have a bad feeling about this

CactusBrawler
03.19.2012 , 11:02 AM | #23
Like the game.

Dohohohohohoho.

<laughing muppets.gif>

WesleyJanson
03.19.2012 , 11:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CactusBrawler View Post
Like the game.

Dohohohohohoho.

<laughing muppets.gif>

Like literally everything with the Bioware named attached to it since they were bought by EA
BIOWARE:We don't serve their kind here!
LUKE: What?
BIOWARE: Your Australians. They'll have to wait outside.We don't want them here.

Kinrain
03.19.2012 , 11:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CactusBrawler View Post
I don't think I'd be subbed then though. I splurged on a three month sub because we were told 1.2 in March, now it's to be 'Early April'. I'm not waiting till Early May (with possibility of slippage) to play a game with a 2004 UI, not if I'm paying for it.
I'm having trouble understanding how the deadline for 1.2 could have affected your decision to buy a 3 month subscription.

I wasn't aware that any announcment about 1.2 had been made (including its potential content) before the Guild Summit which was early March.
R.I.P . Gone But Not Forgotten
╬╬╬╬╬╣███████████████████████)

Dayln
03.19.2012 , 11:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinrain View Post
I'm having trouble understanding how the deadline for 1.2 could have affected your decision to buy a 3 month subscription.

I wasn't aware that any announcment about 1.2 had been made (including its potential content) before the Guild Summit which was early March.
It is a Childs threat... they think their 1 out of 1,700,000 and increasing subscriptions are going to scare someone.

No date announcements have been made, they have said they hope for April, and I take that at its word, not a promise, not a date, but a hope which could easily change.

But watch, it will be called a “promise” before the week is out
I have a bad feeling about this

CactusBrawler
03.19.2012 , 11:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinrain View Post

Because we were told stuff like a new UI would be comming in 1.1 and then 1.2, so after my initial free month was over, with all hints pointing to March as 1.2 I bought the 3 month sub.

Had fun, but I've gotten to the point where I am having to fight the UI to get any 'better' at the game, so yeah lack of 1.2 is preventing further subbing. 1.2 before my sub ends, they get more money from me. 1.2 After my sub ends? Yeah I'll see you when you come out with an expansion pack.

Kerploded
03.19.2012 , 11:14 AM | #28
You have 13 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

Too little, too late.
/shrug
Can I skin Ewoks?

BaneOfKings
03.19.2012 , 11:21 AM | #29
Alright I'm sick and tired of trolls ************ and whining in general chat and on the forums. Can u state your opinion about not liking a part of the game like the UI to BW so they will fix it? Sure. But whining every 5m about all of the aspects of the game and declaring to EVERYONE how you are "like totally like gonna unsub" is annoying as all hell... If you like the game stay... If you have a problem with an aspect of the game and don't wanna pay the small amount of money to play this game then respectfully leave until it is fixed. If you don't like the game the leave rather than ranting about it because games come down to ONE thing: if you are having fun, keep playing. If you are not, find something else and don't ruin it for others. I played WoW since it's first expansion and the game was ruined because whiny players complained and moaned til blizzard altered the game so much it became trivial to do anything..... I got the best pvp gear in 2 weeks and outfitted in raid gear in 3.

Bottom line... People want SWTOR to be the game it will be 1 maybe 2 years from now... But it's not. If you wanna wait, wait. If not, politely unsub. I'm not being rude but it is dumb for you to waste your money on something you do not like, and inconsiderate to defame a game, ruining it and making it easier for those who do like it.

lollermittens
03.19.2012 , 11:26 AM | #30
I was excited for 1.2 until I've realized it provides maybe two weeks of extra gameplay at the most. Here is why:
  • The new FP will be downed in under 2 hours.
  • The new Operations will be downed (most likely) in under 4 hours during the first weekend release.
  • With the 1.1.5 Valor increase, I hit BM without any difficulty whatsoever and maximized the BM gear that I could get -- really says something that I am farming for Champion tokens to use the Enhancements in those since the Enhancements in most BM/Rakata gear is worse than the ones found in Champion/Columi gear (that terrible itemization right there just demonstrates how clueless the developers are: "We don't have a /readycheck system?! Whoa, I wasn't aware of that!" - BW dev during the Guild Summit).
  • I just don't do any kind of solo-PvE but for the dailies therefore making Legacy a completely useless system.
  • I'm Legacy Level 29. Most of the items will be unlocked for me and the only ones I'm looking forward to are the training dummies.
  • Re-itemizing won't take that long as the hardest parts to come by will be Armoring pieces -- which I have been buying like a madman over the last few days.
  • The only element which provides any modicum of progression would be the Rated WZs and given that I'm already signed up for a daily 8-man pre-made, that'll probably get farmed in about 3 weeks.

I hate even bringing this up but with Guild Wars 2 just 2 weeks away from release and, most importantly, Diablo 3 about 1.5 months away from release, BW simply did not provide enough for any serious gamer to keep playing their game.

Too little, too late.