Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 release date?


DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
03.19.2012 , 10:30 AM | #11
Hopefully they take the time to do a good job testing it and fixing the bugs and, unlike previous patches, actually listen when the community tells them stuff is busted.

I'd rather wait for it and have it right than get it sooner but messy.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

CactusBrawler's Avatar


CactusBrawler
03.19.2012 , 10:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before
The more accurate analogy would be that Bioware are Car mechanics, the paying customer wishes to know when Bioware Cars can add say under glow or pearlescent paint. If that time frame does not suit the customer they may instead pay for membership of Blizzard Auto or Arenanet Mechanics, instead of paying membership to Bioware Carís services.

RickRedOne's Avatar


RickRedOne
03.19.2012 , 10:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Hopefully they take the time to do a good job testing it and fixing the bugs and, unlike previous patches, actually listen when the community tells them stuff is busted.

I'd rather wait for it and have it right than get it sooner but messy.
This patch will be tested better on the PTS than any that have come so far. Saturday night I started a new character to check out changes, there were 147 people on Korriban in instance #1, and there were 2 instances.
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

CactusBrawler's Avatar


CactusBrawler
03.19.2012 , 10:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
Oh I agree. If the release slips to the end of April because they are fixing bugs in it then that is fine, although disappointing. I still would rather have it as stable as possible before going live even at the expense of pushing back the date.
I don't think I'd be subbed then though. I splurged on a three month sub because we were told 1.2 in March, now it's to be 'Early April'. I'm not waiting till Early May (with possibility of slippage) to play a game with a 2004 UI, not if I'm paying for it.

TheOnlyKyrenS's Avatar


TheOnlyKyrenS
03.19.2012 , 10:51 AM | #15
Hopefully with people actually testing on the PTS rather than disregarding it and ************ about it later, 1.2 will be a little more polished than the other patches.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

WesleyJanson's Avatar


WesleyJanson
03.19.2012 , 10:52 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CactusBrawler View Post
I don't think I'd be subbed then though. I splurged on a three month sub because we were told 1.2 in March, now it's to be 'Early April'. I'm not waiting till Early May (with possibility of slippage) to play a game with a 2004 UI, not if I'm paying for it.

You're not supposed to think rationally. I mean you pay for a car right? So clearly you're supposed to drive your copy of SWTOR to work to save on gas.


Isn't that right, Dayln?
BIOWARE:We don't serve their kind here!
LUKE: What?
BIOWARE: Your Australians. They'll have to wait outside.We don't want them here.

Dayln's Avatar


Dayln
03.19.2012 , 10:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
Oh I agree. If the release slips to the end of April because they are fixing bugs in it then that is fine, although disappointing. I still would rather have it as stable as possible before going live even at the expense of pushing back the date.
Agreed
I have a bad feeling about this

thewalshinator's Avatar


thewalshinator
03.19.2012 , 10:52 AM | #18
If i were a betting man i'd say the 3rd of April, giving 1.2 just over 2 weeks on the PTS along with the guild testing which started earlier. Obv could slip back if they need to fix things in the patch.

CactusBrawler's Avatar


CactusBrawler
03.19.2012 , 10:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WesleyJanson View Post
You're not supposed to think rationally. I mean you pay for a car right? So clearly you're supposed to drive your copy of SWTOR to work to save on gas.


Isn't that right, Dayln?

Which is why I'd like to know a rough week 1-4 of April when to expect 1.2, I know when my sub ends, and if its before 1.2 I simply won't bother coming back, that sub money will get spent on something else, maybe a new game.

farfulnugen's Avatar


farfulnugen
03.19.2012 , 10:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
They will release it when it is ready, no need to set an arbitrary date ahead of time.
They don't have a history of releasing things when it's ready.