Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi
03.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #1
sorry stupid question ,but when is the 1.2 patch going to be available because ive been hearing a few different things. i know there is nothing specific tho
"Hurr durrr, I paeyed $30 daughwllers a munth for tew accauwnts and now I waughnna get gould and geurr in TOR sew I can feull ueuber paughwerful becauwse I r Derp. And den Biowear and Blizzurd cin shaer prawfits."

Rynis
03.14.2012 , 05:03 PM | #2
From what I've been reading, it'll be around in early April. Not too much longer hopefully! Can't wait to see all the updates :]

Vilens
03.19.2012 , 09:55 AM | #3
Me neither, the ambiguity of the release window is frustrating, I feel like all this work I'm putting into Crew Skills will be worthless soon.

Dayln
03.19.2012 , 09:57 AM | #4
They will release it when it is ready, no need to set an arbitrary date ahead of time.
I have a bad feeling about this

cycao
03.19.2012 , 10:00 AM | #5
I rather them push it back honestly. This patch is massive, and with some considering that the game hinges on this patches success any major flaws could be detrimental to the future of TOR.

Testing is already hard as you cannot transfer finished characters into the PTS, and a lot of the changes are end game oriented.

WesleyJanson
03.19.2012 , 10:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
They will release it when it is ready, no need to set an arbitrary date ahead of time.

Except people pay for this game and would like to know when so they can factor in whether or not they want to be spending money on this game in the meantime.
BIOWARE:We don't serve their kind here!
LUKE: What?
BIOWARE: Your Australians. They'll have to wait outside.We don't want them here.

CeruleanNite
03.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I rather them push it back honestly. This patch is massive, and with some considering that the game hinges on this patches success any major flaws could be detrimental to the future of TOR.

Testing is already hard as you cannot transfer finished characters into the PTS, and a lot of the changes are end game oriented.
From what they indicated it will be early April, that is subject to change.

An earlier patch that nerfed surge was also supposed to be game ending and the game survived that just fine.

Dayln
03.19.2012 , 10:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WesleyJanson View Post
Except people pay for this game and would like to know when so they can factor in whether or not they want to be spending money on this game in the meantime.
So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before
I have a bad feeling about this

cycao
03.19.2012 , 10:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
From what they indicated it will be early April, that is subject to change.

An earlier patch that nerfed surge was also supposed to be game ending and the game survived that just fine.
That was one change that helped balance out the burst potential in PVP. This patch has everything in it. Class re-balance, new PVP, and PVE content, plus the legacy system. I never heard of the soft cap on surge being game ending.

This is just how I see it.

Mephismo
03.19.2012 , 10:27 AM | #10
It's not work or a job.
Unsub till they release the part of the game that should have been out when they launched.

Might make them hurry