Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Duplicity questions

Makk
03.14.2012 , 04:11 PM | #1
1) What is considered a direct damage attack (that would trigger duplicity)? What is not?
2) How many points are really needed into it.. 3 feels like it may be too many, but is 1 enough?

jkcheng
03.14.2012 , 04:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Makk View Post
1) What is considered a direct damage attack (that would trigger duplicity)? What is not?
2) How many points are really needed into it.. 3 feels like it may be too many, but is 1 enough?
1. I'm guessing non-direct attack would be damage coming from your Saber Charges.

2. Depends on your spec really and what you'd have to lose to go from 1 to 3. I've played specs with 1 as well as 3 points in Duplicity and you basically go from not getting EW much to getting EW a lot. I'd try to put at least 2 in the talent.

sankalp
03.14.2012 , 07:19 PM | #3
maul with EW and proc is yay, same with assassinate and low slash. so get 3

darkenwolf
03.15.2012 , 08:14 AM | #4
I've only ever had 1 point in Duplicity and EW procs often enough for my uses. Madness has a busy priority list though. If I want it, it's almost always there and I'd rather put the extra 2 points somewhere else.
Sehkti
-Prophecy of the Five - formerly of Anchorhead
-50 Assassin | Madness (Hybrid) | Armory

Astarica
03.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #5
The specs that put one point in Duplicity is more like a spec that doesn't use Maul but wants to have an extra burst attack to use when the opportunity presents itself. You'd do your normal whatever rotation and if someone hits like 30%, you use Assassinate but he still didn't die, you remember that you still have Maul and since you rarely use Maul, chances are you have a EW proc up and this lets you finish the guy off with a Maul. For a one point investement, that's not a bad deal to have one 'use in case of emergency' attack, so to speak.

If you use Maul regularly on a rotation, of course you want 3 points into Duplicity.

I'm guessing direct damage is any non-dot damage that is caused by hitting a button. I know Force Lightning can trigger it, so pretty much any non-dot damage that results from the press of a button should trigger it too.

Kryostasys
03.16.2012 , 06:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
so pretty much any non-dot damage that results from the press of a button should trigger it too.
The correct advice is strong with this one