Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Don't you need a sub to post on forums?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Don't you need a sub to post on forums?

otterscrubber's Avatar


otterscrubber
03.14.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I thought you needed a sub to post on forums? yet the comments and threads are filled with hate for this game. How is this possible? Clearly, if it sucked as much as folks seem to post then they would cancel their sub, no? And not be able to post?

or am I wrong and you do not need a sub to post? that would make sense. Well more sense anyways. Taking time out of your day to post negative comments about a game you don't even play would be ridiculous in the extreme. I'm a simple person though. There could be some complexities here I am missing.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

mercenx's Avatar


mercenx
03.14.2012 , 01:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by otterscrubber View Post
I thought you needed a sub to post on forums? yet the comments and threads are filled with hate for this game. How is this possible? Clearly, if it sucked as much as folks seem to post then they would cancel their sub, no? And not be able to post?

or am I wrong and you do not need a sub to post? that would make sense. Well more sense anyways. Taking time out of your day to post negative comments about a game you don't even play would be ridiculous in the extreme. I'm a simple person though. There could be some complexities here I am missing.
Well lets think about it, you subscribed to the game, hit the endgame, decide to quit, and still have x amount of days left on your subscription. So they stop playing but can still post for the remainder of the subscription time. Not complicated.

Tiam's Avatar


Tiam
03.14.2012 , 01:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mercenx View Post
Well lets think about it, you subscribed to the game, hit the endgame, decide to quit, and still have x amount of days left on your subscription. So they stop playing but can still post for the remainder of the subscription time. Not complicated.
^^Yup^^ I just have a few days left, can still post til those few days are gone.
GW2 pre-orders coming April 10th.
https://buy.guildwars2.com/
PlanetSide 2 betahttp://www.planetside2.com/

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
03.14.2012 , 01:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mercenx View Post
Well lets think about it, you subscribed to the game, hit the endgame, decide to quit, and still have x amount of days left on your subscription. So they stop playing but can still post for the remainder of the subscription time. Not complicated.

Sure it's complicated. if you hated the game enough to quit, why do you still care enough to post on the forums?

SnapWolf's Avatar


SnapWolf
03.14.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
They should cancel your access to the forums if you decide to unsub.
As Gandhi would say :

"Everyone is entitled to his own viewpoint, but it is not impossible that everyone might be wrong."

housious's Avatar


housious
03.14.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
This must be your first time posting on an MMO's forums.

Lesson - It will always be this way

souloferdrick's Avatar


souloferdrick
03.14.2012 , 01:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Sure it's complicated. if you hated the game enough to quit, why do you still care enough to post on the forums?
Cuz I spent a few hundred bucks and want to get my moneys worth. Normally, that would be done by playing the game but it got stale and ended up in an uninstall before my time ran out.

Anrix's Avatar


Anrix
03.14.2012 , 01:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Sure it's complicated. if you hated the game enough to quit, why do you still care enough to post on the forums?
It could be that they find the forums more entertaining than the game, but not entertaining enough to warrant the subscription cost only for forum access.

TheRainstater's Avatar


TheRainstater
03.14.2012 , 01:28 PM | #9
TBH the people who quit and post nothing but hate until their sub runs out is no different than my 3 year old son who throws a fit every time he has to stop playing to go pee, blow his nose or eat. Or when he freaks out because he broke his Lego's

1. You only make your self look stupid
2. Your rants get ignored
3. Every one else gets mad at you even if they may have agreed with some of your reasons because the tantrum you had was unnecessary.
If you want to look like a complete douche get a large speeder and use it on the fleet.

souloferdrick's Avatar


souloferdrick
03.14.2012 , 01:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRainstater View Post
TBH the people who quit and post nothing but hate until their sub runs out is no different than my 3 year old son who throws a fit every time he has to stop playing to go pee, blow his nose or eat. Or when he freaks out because he broke his Lego's

1. You only make your self look stupid
2. Your rants get ignored
3. Every one else gets mad at you even if they may have agreed with some of your reasons because the tantrum you had was unnecessary.
Prove it.