Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP vs PVE leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP vs PVE leveling

Celyk
12.16.2011 , 11:40 AM | #1
I plan on basically solely pvping at higher level, so I was going to work on leveling just through completing warzones.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone know whether or not you miss out on opening pvp worlds or miss key crafting or quest chains that will put you at a disadvantage against someone that leveled through following the quest chain through all the worlds and such

Celyk
12.16.2011 , 11:58 AM | #2
le sigh

Oddnoun
12.16.2011 , 12:32 PM | #3
IT is not worth leveling in PVP for a single reason. People are already 30 had one kill me and there is a big difference in abilities. Yes my stats are higher but do I get any level 30 abilities? NO! I can't believe they just put everyone together and think oh it will be fine. This means that unless you have a good assortment of abilities then leveling in PVP is suck.

Pylos
12.16.2011 , 12:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddnoun View Post
IT is not worth leveling in PVP for a single reason. People are already 30 had one kill me and there is a big difference in abilities. Yes my stats are higher but do I get any level 30 abilities? NO! I can't believe they just put everyone together and think oh it will be fine. This means that unless you have a good assortment of abilities then leveling in PVP is suck.
Thats why PVP leveling is good, so you can get those abilities.

Dreadspectre
12.16.2011 , 12:58 PM | #5
Leveling in warzones is fine. I think they actually smacked down the Exp. gains in WZ's since beta though, I remember leveling STUPID fast doing nothing but warzones for the most part. I only quested up until I got my ship and then just pretty much WZ the rest of the weekend. Good money gains as well.

Poefue
12.16.2011 , 01:02 PM | #6
My toon is level 22 at the moment and I have did about 10 of those levels strictly by pvp. It is a viable way of leveling if you like to pvp.
The Fatman
Cowpus Scoundrel 22/6/13 70+ Expertise 704

Keeroe
12.16.2011 , 03:49 PM | #7
I can see it being a viable way for leveling, but you are missing out on a pretty decent story that the creators of the game have made.

Don't get me wrong, I love PvP about as much as the next guy. But the quests and main story arch are actually interesting and worth getting into.