Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Issues with Gearing Quinn


trevah's Avatar


trevah
03.15.2012 , 06:36 PM | #11
I swear guys, please read the post and respond accordingly.

This post isn't about whether or not Quinn heals you. I'm asking if Cunning is a relevant stat for him considering on his character sheet, the only things affecting bonus heal is +power and +fpower.

Responses?
You're not as right as you think you are.

gibmachine's Avatar


gibmachine
03.16.2012 , 06:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by trevah View Post
I swear guys, please read the post and respond accordingly.

This post isn't about whether or not Quinn heals you. I'm asking if Cunning is a relevant stat for him considering on his character sheet, the only things affecting bonus heal is +power and +fpower.

Responses?
He gets 0 bonus out of force power. That's for starters.

Regarding cunning, I believe that since everyone here says that geared up in operative raid gear, Quinn's heals skyrocketed, cunning does matter, yeah.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

PseudoPsi's Avatar


PseudoPsi
03.16.2012 , 12:08 PM | #13
Gear him in Enforcer instead of Field Medic. There's no benefit to having Field Medic over Enforcer, and Enforcer carries more Cunning.

That, and I could've sworn that in-game it shows that his healing scales with cunning.

trevah's Avatar


trevah
03.17.2012 , 11:14 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
He gets 0 bonus out of force power. That's for starters.

Regarding cunning, I believe that since everyone here says that geared up in operative raid gear, Quinn's heals skyrocketed, cunning does matter, yeah.
I think that you're wrong. Go in game, check his char sheet under 'Force' and look under bonus healing. There is a section that allows force power to increase his healing. Similarly, there is no spot for cunning.

The thing I truly don't understand is where the stat is for base heals/force powers. That would contain the info we would need. Since I've never played a caster before, I don't know where I'd find this info in the char sheet (ie is it correlated to ranged dmg?).

According to his char sheet, the only thing that we can see that assuredly affects heals are power, fpower, and skills/buffs.

I realize that everyone is saying that their columni-geared quinn heals them appropriately, I don't see any reason to think that his heals simply increase with level gain and +power. We are just assuming that heal growth is coming from +cunning but there is no evidence to support this. I don't want to spend all my money on +cunning gear when I should be making sacrifices for +power/+fpower.
You're not as right as you think you are.

Dreary's Avatar


Dreary
03.18.2012 , 06:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hotbox View Post
I have no problem with Quin healing me at all. Stack power and alacrity, you'll never die.
Alacriy? All his heals are instant... You dont want stack that, bud dont listen to her.

Dreary's Avatar


Dreary
03.18.2012 , 06:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by trevah View Post
I think that you're wrong. Go in game, check his char sheet under 'Force' and look under bonus healing. There is a section that allows force power to increase his healing. Similarly, there is no spot for cunning.

The thing I truly don't understand is where the stat is for base heals/force powers. That would contain the info we would need. Since I've never played a caster before, I don't know where I'd find this info in the char sheet (ie is it correlated to ranged dmg?).

According to his char sheet, the only thing that we can see that assuredly affects heals are power, fpower, and skills/buffs.

I realize that everyone is saying that their columni-geared quinn heals them appropriately, I don't see any reason to think that his heals simply increase with level gain and +power. We are just assuming that heal growth is coming from +cunning but there is no evidence to support this. I don't want to spend all my money on +cunning gear when I should be making sacrifices for +power/+fpower.
Why are you looking in force? as the above poster said... + force power does nothing...

You need to be checking the TECH tab.


-----
*Edit/Addition*

Log in, summon quin, take his gear off with the tech stats up/open.. Requip and notice that yes there is a change..

I use my pet as a healer in 2 man HM FP runs, I have soloed a HM as well, are you meaning to tell me he has been healing me the sa,e a,,pimt as wjem o gpt ho,?

Carbonated's Avatar


Carbonated
03.18.2012 , 06:18 AM | #17
i wouldnt be surprised if its just a incorrect tool tip, his hot says it heals for like 1013 every 3 seconds but its only doing 300ish.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

lambandmartyre's Avatar


lambandmartyre
03.18.2012 , 07:38 AM | #18
ok why don't you try this experiment, take off all his gear attack an easy to kill mob let it take down some of your health or take fall damage which ever one and let Quinn heal you. then put an orange moddable gear piece with only cunning mods in it (no power or secondary stats, doesn't even have to be fully modded) and see if his heals go up. If they do even by a little bit well there you go.
Wife ask "Do I look fat in this dress?"

Hotbox's Avatar


Hotbox
03.18.2012 , 08:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
Alacriy? All his heals are instant... You dont want stack that, bud dont listen to her.
His heals are on timers like everyone elses.
Baroness Hotbox/ Agent Inviegle/Asaj Ventress
"The Ventress Legacy"
50 Assassin/Sniper/Marauder
Clan of the Black Lotus- Fear is our ally!

Crunchyblack's Avatar


Crunchyblack
03.18.2012 , 08:45 AM | #20
I guessing the OP is looking into the force healing stat rather than the tech tab that will show tech healing?

Also, my quinn (and inquisitor mirror talos) have a near spammible heal that hits for around 300...i see it all the time. However they both have several heals that are limited to cooldowns and kolto immunity These hit much harder.

I would hate to assume that the OP needs to check his companions quickbar/skill list and make sure medwatch and all his healing skills are active (will have a yellow dot rather than a grey

I would also like to add that getting your healer pet the best vibroknife possible makes a huge diffrence, its the tech power.

Also....does extertise aid in quinns healing in any way? Isnt there better gear that could be used to make him more effective in healing you?

Just some thoughts...and my final thought...hes not suppose to be better than a player healer...your not going to get him to a point where hes keeping you alive while you tank the world.