Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Issues with Gearing Quinn

trevah
03.14.2012 , 10:41 AM | #1
Hey guys,
So I know that the codex lists his primary attrib as cunning and I've been boosting his cunning appropriately. Up to this point I had assumed that his heals would be increased as I increase his cunning (since it's his prim attrib), but I just looked at his char sheet and noticed that cunning increases only his combat damage. Which I don't give 2 ***** about. The only thing that seems to increase his healing (again, according to the char sheet) is +power. This mara is my first character and I've had no experience with casters before so this was a huge discovery for me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I be giving a **** about cunning or just making sure all my mods/augments boost power as much as possible? Because that's how it would seem.
You're not as right as you think you are.

AcaciaDragon
03.14.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by trevah View Post
Hey guys,
So I know that the codex lists his primary attrib as cunning and I've been boosting his cunning appropriately. Up to this point I had assumed that his heals would be increased as I increase his cunning (since it's his prim attrib), but I just looked at his char sheet and noticed that cunning increases only his combat damage. Which I don't give 2 ***** about. The only thing that seems to increase his healing (again, according to the char sheet) is +power. This mara is my first character and I've had no experience with casters before so this was a huge discovery for me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I be giving a **** about cunning or just making sure all my mods/augments boost power as much as possible? Because that's how it would seem.
I noticed this the other day too. My Quinn is in full Centurion Field Medic Gear from the Agents PvP Vendor and his heals never go above 300.
Wingweaver Champion Carnage Marauder

trevah
03.14.2012 , 04:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AcaciaDragon View Post
I noticed this the other day too. My Quinn is in full Centurion Field Medic Gear from the Agents PvP Vendor and his heals never go above 300.
Seriously? So ***, is he capped on heals and our only way to buff him is with power? And force power I guess.

trevah
03.15.2012 , 12:58 AM | #4
Anyone else? I feel like this is a big deal.

CrunkShizzle
03.15.2012 , 01:17 AM | #5
so it isnt just me that thinks quinn has really weak heals

i mean,im a juggernaught not a marauder but im currently using quinn and figured it was probably because i just needed to gear him more

Dustranamus
03.15.2012 , 03:12 AM | #6
No this is your Quinn lacking gear, not a game design flaw.

My Quinn Regularly heals me for near 1.1k, but I did deck him out in full Columi gear and he has over 1400 Cunning.
S.I.T.H

Seeking Immortality Through Hatred

gibmachine
03.15.2012 , 04:16 AM | #7
I geared up Quinn specifically to solo hc dailies (I hate him though so it was a pain to farm gear for him) and I have 0 issues with his heals. I mean between my def cds and his heals, I solo Raxxus on Belsavis no problem. He's in mix of tionese/columi and this "big heal" or whatever the name is, crits for like 1.5k regularily.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Helig
03.15.2012 , 04:23 AM | #8
All NPC healers scale awfully. My Columi\Champ Doc with fairly optimized mods heals for what my Sawbones used to at 30-35.

In contrast, damage-dealing companions seem to scale just fine. Had Rusk crit for 3-3.5k with Centurion\Champion gear.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Hotbox
03.15.2012 , 12:47 PM | #9
I have no problem with Quin healing me at all. Stack power and alacrity, you'll never die.
Baroness Hotbox/ Agent Inviegle/Asaj Ventress
"The Ventress Legacy"
50 Assassin/Sniper/Marauder
Clan of the Black Lotus- Fear is our ally!

CrunkShizzle
03.15.2012 , 03:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dustranamus View Post
No this is your Quinn lacking gear, not a game design flaw.

My Quinn Regularly heals me for near 1.1k, but I did deck him out in full Columi gear and he has over 1400 Cunning.
so besides commendation gear,what else is there in terms of lower lvls gearing quinn up.cuz i bought a couple things with commendations but i dont normally choose commendations when i do quests unless theres nothing that looks like a upgrade for my warrior or for quinn

i bought a couple things at the commendation vendor but meh.im still thinkin maybe ive slacked on gearing him up and should gear him a bit more,if it matters im not a marauder though,im a juggernaught.but since this thread was kinda about gearin quinn up i figured id ask