Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star wars Episode 3 ( The best from the series)??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star wars Episode 3 ( The best from the series)??

Ch_Zero
03.14.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1
I thought it had everything you could want in a star wars movie.

Great battles, the drama of anakin turning to the dark side.

How was any movie superior to this? i can watch it over and over again.

it's perfect

Guildrum
03.14.2012 , 08:17 AM | #2
"I loved you Anakin!"

"You're breaking my heart..."

"She has lost the will to live..."

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Daederik
03.14.2012 , 09:01 AM | #3
It's certainly the best of the prequels...but it suffers the same flaws at the other movies where all of the characters are stoic and you just can't connect to them at all.

Exception is the Emperor. UUNNLLIMMMIITTTEEEEDD POWEERRRRRRRR!!!!
"You move like an insect, you think like an insect, you are and insect. Take care not to fall too far out of my favor, patience is not characteristic of a goddess..." -Shodan

Wolfninjajedi
03.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #4
Really? Stoic?....Hmm....so I guess Anakin wasn't emotional when he found out he was going to be a father, or when he helped kill Windu? Oh I guess Obi-Wan wasn't also emotional when he found out that his student, had turned to the darkside? Or what about when Yoda was feeling the death of the jedi around him?

They all seemed pretty emotional to me.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ZaneG
03.14.2012 , 09:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
"I loved you Anakin!"

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Best Lightsaber fight of the Series. And I loved the fact where Obi is standing over Vader and tells him that he was his brother and he loved him. I can see that however what you posted above killed it for me. That Damn NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Wilhellena
03.14.2012 , 07:19 PM | #6
In terms of the Prequels I agree, but everyone else nailed it for me....That damn NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and the whole trying to be Frankensteins monster with the flexing....man that was bad. As well the best lightsaber dual was the end one I agree but I really really hated the "its over Anikan, I got have the high ground" he says this with a straight face after he and Anakin are jumping from section to section on the floating arm when they both held high ground only to force leap over each other.....made me think someone watched one to many muskateers movies as a kid....and hey there was alot of those LOL.

Ch_Zero
03.27.2012 , 03:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wilhellena View Post
In terms of the Prequels I agree, but everyone else nailed it for me....That damn NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and the whole trying to be Frankensteins monster with the flexing....man that was bad. As well the best lightsaber dual was the end one I agree but I really really hated the "its over Anikan, I got have the high ground" he says this with a straight face after he and Anakin are jumping from section to section on the floating arm when they both held high ground only to force leap over each other.....made me think someone watched one to many muskateers movies as a kid....and hey there was alot of those LOL.

The last movie had so many fights, so at the end they ran low on their budget...

THEY DID THE BEST THEY COULD WITH THE RESOURCES THEY HAD!!!

GEEZ!

Mirdthestrill
03.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wilhellena View Post
Some guy on the Beta Forums had this for a signature:

"It's over Anakin! I have the high ground! It's +7 Dexterity!"

"You underestimate my power. I have 56 strength, more than enough to pass a physical check roll!"
I <3 alts!

Tenthletter
03.28.2012 , 11:01 AM | #9
Empire Strikes Back will always be the best Star Wars movie, period.

Ep3 is the best of the prequels though, and I'd even rank it ahead of ROTJ. Man Ewoks are dumb.

For me, TESB > ANH > ROTS > ROTJ > AOTC > TPM

I will say that Attack of the Clones is a personal guilty pleasure though. Just something about it that I really like, though I do realize it's not very good.

psandak
03.28.2012 , 11:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
"I loved you Anakin!"

Can we say "picking nits"? I agree that those moments were cheesy and/or piss-poor writing.

Ignore the bad moments/lines. NOW rate the movie.

I am not going to agree with the OP that it was the best in the entire series, but it does push RotJ out of the top three. Episode 4 ALWAYS brings me back to my childhood (I was in elementary school when ANH came out), so that will always be my favorite, followed VERY closely by a tossup between ESB and RotS.