Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

help with group loot

wrathofkhan
03.14.2012 , 06:49 AM | #1
I am not sure how the group loot works?
If I want it what do I select & if I dont want it what do i choose

Thanks for help

Bida
03.14.2012 , 07:21 AM | #2
There are 2 big choices; Need and Greed.

If the item you want is usable by your current character, and is an upgrade, NEED it.

Otherwise GREED it, unless you tell the group what your intentions are. Most groups don't have a big issue if everyone Greeds an item, and you ask if you can need it for your companion.

jsalemi
03.14.2012 , 10:29 AM | #3
And if you don't want it at all, just click on the "X" in the upper right of the need/greed box, and you'll pass on the item. Note that if everyone passes, someone will still get it by random roll.
"No. No way. I'm not being bait. Not this time."

Eternalnight
03.14.2012 , 11:39 AM | #4
By default...

NEED: You want the item because your character can use it and it is better than what you are currently wearing.

GREED: You want, but only if nobody else needs it (you want to sell it for example)

DISASEMBLE: This does not seem to work right now, so don't use it. It is supposed to turn the item to crafting materials and be equal to greed.

PASS: Don't want it at all

Skodan
03.14.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
By default...

NEED: You want the item because your character can use it and it is better than what you are currently wearing.

GREED: You want, but only if nobody else needs it (you want to sell it for example)

DISASEMBLE: This does not seem to work right now, so don't use it. It is supposed to turn the item to crafting materials and be equal to greed.

PASS: Don't want it at all
i also wanted to add that most people will choose greed if an item is for their companion, although if you want to need on things that your companion can use be sure to talk about it before starting your quest
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

ayoumans
03.14.2012 , 01:52 PM | #6
Please be aware that there are a few jerkwads out there that like to PUG then need everything on the planet because they can. If you find yourself in a group with someone of this nature I find it is almost always better to either kick them or leave the group and try again. In the case where you also begin to need everything just because you want a chance to at least get something, everyone involved will usually get pissed and it is no fun for anyone. Take the high road and just walk away.

Ohamsie
03.14.2012 , 02:00 PM | #7
I once played with someone who needed everything because he thought "greed" was a bad trait and would get him darkside points, so sometimes it might just be misunderstanding. I asked my group mates the first time it came up and they explained it to me, I didn't even realize there was an option to pass but I end up using that a lot of the time so my group can get what they need.

Havokk
03.14.2012 , 08:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ayoumans View Post
Please be aware that there are a few jerkwads out there that like to PUG then need everything on the planet because they can. If you find yourself in a group with someone of this nature I find it is almost always better to either kick them or leave the group and try again.
Please be aware that there are a number of self-entitled players who believe that their loot method is the one true way and that anyone with a view different to theirs is a "jerkwad".

The answer to your question is: The group leader will tell you what the loot rules are. Most groups use "need if your character will equip, greed otherwise" but not all. Assuming a particular use of it leads to, at best, embarassment, at worst, being called a "jerkwad" or something worse.

At the beginning of the run, ask in group chat "What are the looting rules please?".
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦

mathisk
03.14.2012 , 08:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
Please be aware that there are a number of self-entitled players who believe that their loot method is the one true way and that anyone with a view different to theirs is a "jerkwad".
Wow. What an uncalled for response to a post that is basically an appropriate warning about folks you might have the misfortune to get into a group with.

Please be aware that there are a number of pompous windbags who will decry anyone else's advice and then put forth their own opinion as the one and only true answer.

And then to make your own pronouncement of what a loot system should be, when that system is almost NEVER used unless you're running Oerations with a large group. In most non-OPS groups, people will ask for loot rules/guidelines and agree on them, either at the start of the flashpoint/formation of the group, or they will ask at the first loot opportunity that comes up. Very rarely will one person say "this is how it is." (Though it seems likely that every group that Havokk forms would probably be such a group.)

Havokk
03.15.2012 , 08:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mathisk View Post
Wow. What an uncalled for response to a post that is basically an appropriate warning about folks you might have the misfortune to get into a group with.
I think Ayouman'spost deserved it.

And then to make your own pronouncement of what a loot system should be, when that system is almost NEVER used ...
Let me highlight the importnat word in your post: "almost". That is the point I am making. The common usage of "need/greed" is just that - a common usage, not a universal usage.

There are a few groups (yes, mine included) that allow Need for Companions. If you go into such a group assuming that Need is not for Companions, then there will be trouble.

In most non-OPS groups, people will ask for loot rules/guidelines and agree on them, either at the start of the flashpoint/formation of the group, or they will ask at the first loot opportunity that comes up. Very rarely will one person say "this is how it is." (Though it seems likely that every group that Havokk forms would probably be such a group.)
That's my point. Each group decides its own use of the Need/Greed tool. If no-one in the group has said the rules then ask! Don't assume. Don't believe posters on forums who say there is only one way.

As for your "very rarely" comment, that is different to my experience, which is partly why I'm making this post.
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦