Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rule Of Two Is No More After Plagueis.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rule Of Two Is No More After Plagueis.

CauldronBorn
03.14.2012 , 11:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
True, Jacen only really learned from Lumiya, who like Ventress wasn't truly Sith (TCW's not the only one that played fast & loose with the Rule; the EU in general did, too, like the REPUBLIC comics featuring many acolytes that weren't ever actually identified as Sith: Ventress, Sora Bulq, Tol Skorr, probably some others I'm forgetting; they aspired to be Sith, but were only ever tools of Dooku and Sidious; of course, Darth Maul was the same according to the Plagueis book, but be believed himself to be Sith and got the 'Darth' title too)
Acolytes were not considered sith, just 'assistants'. They were given minor/moderate training in the dark side to hook them in and make them useful, but they'd never progress past that point into a sith lord. There was only ever two 'true' sith during Palpatine's reign: Palpatine and Vader. Everyone else was a throw-away tool.

Darth Maul, while he may of had the Darth title, was little more than a placeholder for a better apprentice.

Quote:
Why? Krayt learned to be Sith from an ancient Sith Lord... and Vergere... he found many old holocrons and consulted them regularly. Some, like Bane's holo, considered him an imposter. Then there's the Lost Tribe, who may or may not survive FOTJ.
Minor FOTJ spoiler:
Spoiler

Krayt broke the Rule of Two and instituted something that was like a mix of Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness and the old Rule by the Strongest (both of which failed horribly). That is why Bane thinks he is an imposter and not a true heir of the Sith. If I remember right, the ghosts/projections from pretty much all the sith holocrons he had mocked him for being weak. Which kind of invalidates his reign if he can't even get a little grudging respect out of them.

As for Vergere, I'm not sure you can really classify what she is. Nominally sith, sometimes jedi, other times who knows?

davack
03.14.2012 , 11:49 AM | #12
Maybe it means that there can only be two sith, but you can have dark jedi as underlings. Like how Palpatine had his Hands of the Emperor.

Lord_Karsk
03.14.2012 , 11:59 AM | #13
And remember just because they Sith was destroyed with Vader and Sidious doesnt mean there will be no more true Sith.The dark side of the force just like the light side will by itself try to restore balance by getting someone to be Sith again.Just like Exar Kun who went to Yavin 4 i belive it was were he encountered the ancient Sith lords.Same goes for Jedi.

Even if all the Jedi were destroyed the light side would try and balance things out with a champion like it did with Anakin.You can never destroy the light or dark side.You need both.
Just like love and hate they will never go away.

SnapWolf
03.14.2012 , 12:05 PM | #14
Krayt's Sith Order is an entirely different order, loosely based on the old one.
As Gandhi would say :

"Everyone is entitled to his own viewpoint, but it is not impossible that everyone might be wrong."

Aximand
03.14.2012 , 12:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Krayt was never a true sith lord, he was a self proclaimed one.
The Sith Lords on Korriban actually made fun of him like that weird pasty ginger kid that ate paste no one talked to in elementary school.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

BrandonSM
03.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Toonimator;3415970]Why? Krayt learned to be Sith from an ancient Sith Lord... and Vergere... he found many old holocrons and consulted them regularly. Some, like Bane's holo, considered him an imposter. Then there's the Lost Tribe, who may or may not survive FOTJ.
QUOTE]

No... Krayt failed. Bane called him a disgrace. And he broke everything the Sith stood for. He was a fool.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."