Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The truth about Marauders

WNxAbaddon
03.14.2012 , 01:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by idrik View Post
Again, I cant tell you what you are doing wrong with out seeing you play. I can tell you that if your uptime on berserk isn't high you're losing a good chunk of damage. Any time you're not in a fight and have spare rage you should be spamming SS to build fury for the next fight.

It could be a multitude of different things, from poor target selection, poor rotation etc etc etc. I'm just trying to point out some of the more obvious things to do, besides spamming SS (I see VERY few mara doing this btw) I can't really tell you many of the subtleties to my personal play style ,they're just things I do out of habbit /because they need to be done. If I could watch you play, I could try to give you more pointers on things you could do better.

I would say just keep at it, see what works and what doesn't. Work on your overall damage uptime, zerk , blood lust when it's up and the situation calls for it, rage management etc etc.
Thats the 2nd thing i need to do is spamm SS I thought that cost rage to use thus i dropped it as it dosnt apply to pvp Ill add it in again and try it, as for a vid yes am working on that asap :S even made a account on youtube lol
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)

idrik
03.14.2012 , 01:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post
Thats the 2nd thing i need to do is spamm SS I thought that cost rage to use thus i dropped it as it dosnt apply to pvp Ill add it in again and try it, as for a vid yes am working on that asap :S even made a account on youtube lol
It costs 1 rage, hence me saying inbetween fights you use the rage that would otherwise degrade and end up wasted to spam SS and build fury. It's major use in PvP is as a rage dump to build fury between fights, It doesn't hit hard enough to justify using for any other reason than to get multiple people off a node if they're clustered or as a rage dump.

excaliburhc
03.14.2012 , 02:55 AM | #23
you also have to take into a/c that we are all spread across different servers thus facing different opposition.

whereas one server could have a load of battlemaster healers that can heal through your dots getting you massive scores vs new 50s that you can tear through . (less damage but higher kills).

fighting knowledgable opposition changes the dynamic so much - take someone who knows to dispel your dots or cc you before you can do enough damage- take it that deadly saber with full rupture tick and anni will not kill someone - lot of time for you to be focused / cc'd out of it.

on the ravager server - i rarely see marauders getting above 300 k damage in any wz im in (not including voidstar) .(to be fair i rarely see any wz with massive damage from any class)
last night was the first time i broke 350k in hutball - and i only got that because i was hitting on a healer for minutes . eventually killed him but took awhile.

noticed that we seem to beprimary targets on our server - so 3 peoplehitting on you means alot of downtime in respawn chamber .

dont think it is as simple as l2p issue. there are so many other variables that i find it insulting to just throw that out there.
enough with the elitest LTP crap in this forum please.
everyone was a noob at some stage - you are not better - just more experienced.

Lightzzoutt
03.14.2012 , 12:31 PM | #24
You are complaining even though you did really well in a wz?

jeeze. Do you want us to get nerfed?

I believe that it is more of a server issue. You can only do as well as the match lasts and what the others do. Stop complaining and keep owning dude. 300k will happen regularly the more you practice the class and find targets suitable to attack.

lolcthulhu
03.14.2012 , 04:21 PM | #25
Ok np

Really tho, am a experienced pvp player and not one to use OP classes, but something feels very lackluster with Anni at the moment, still its better than carnage and rage and thats saying something.

tbh I dont think its a L2P problem, I know the areas mates have said I can get better at, but really I should be getting bigger numbers
If you are having problems playing marauder, its a L2P problem. You're doing something wrong, or not putting out optimal DPS or wasting cooldowns.. something to that effect. The marauders who know how to play their class can dominate with any spec, so if you're having issues with anni its definitely a L2P problem.

Don't worry tho, you arent alone marauder is the toughest class to play well
Shoryuken <Order of Shadow>
2401 Rated

WNxAbaddon
03.15.2012 , 07:00 AM | #26
Well to report back, with a few changes am now hitting 280k in a full WZ tho better it still feels weak somehow, maby am just expecting something more flashy I dunno.

But yeh thanks for the help guys, am better with a few changes and I just hit 60 so BM gear is on the way.
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)

Carbonated
03.15.2012 , 07:05 AM | #27
Here, This is what I do to hit 300k pretty much every warzone:

I wear pve gear. More health = bigger heals from your dots critting, Proper defensive cooldown management. Rakata gear.

done.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

jbuschell
03.15.2012 , 07:13 AM | #28
I dunno I think maras are in a good spot, on my level 26 mara I view it as a dissapointing wz if I don't eclipse 200k dmg I'm usually in between 200 to 250k, I realize its lowbie pvp but I see the same lvl 40 to 49 maras in my warzones all the time and they usually do a smidgen over 100k and I know they're not playing objectives. I also have a sorc and the skill disparity between the 2 is crazy being a former glad in wow behind the keyboard of a sorcerer is sometimes unfair, that's why I rolled a mara and love it.

It requires a lot of situational awareness and multi tasking bottom line marauders are in a good spot in capable hands, and I'm not gearing this comment at the op BTW because it sounds like you at least have a decent handle on the class and just expect a little bit more but I'm afraid the bads who play Marauder well terribly will or have already get us buffed to the point where marauders in capable hands will be way to powerful.
E-Thuggin since 1987

Carbonated
03.15.2012 , 07:15 AM | #29
out of all the bm marauders on my server theres only 1 that actually has skill and gives me a close fight in my pve gear. Hell one of them yelled at me today to "pass the huttball" and when I threw it at him, he moved out of the circle and the opposing team got the ball and score...thanks Ilum!
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Bishidoblade
03.15.2012 , 10:32 AM | #30
So really, theres not much am doing wrong other than I stagger my relic and stims ?

So really what am I missing as apart from 2 things am doing everything everyone else is yet am losing 100k dps :P

Really thanks for the help, but again somethings not right some were am doing what you say I should do so yeh
I assume if your doing everyone correctly like you think, your DPS up-time is just low. movement positioning and using geography are just as important as knowing what ability's to use, and are all part of your situational awareness. The sent's that hit the high dps/healing/kills are well versed as understanding the situation at hand - breaking it down and maximizing their potential for said situation.

If i was you, i would study what others are doing. People telling you what to do on a board, and actually putting it to use are different things. Also 90% of sent's suck(thats being nice), so you might also get bad information here. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Sit down for a few hours, watch some BM/WH sent's PVP on streams, and try and pick up the subtle things that they do - that maybe you aren't doing.

If after everything you still are having issues, then maybe Sent isn't the class for you - no disrespect. Sent are the hardest class in this game to manage well. Sure anyone can play a sent and kill, but its the people who take it to the next lvl is what make sent utterly devastating in PVP. For some that's just to many ability's to manage. If you dont have prior MMO experience i don't recommend starting off with Sent.

obviously just my opinion though ~_^ what do i know.

PS; We are not a utility class. We are pure DPS with some group utility. Our primary roll is to do damage - everything else is icing.
Bashido Blades The Infernal <Eternal Hostility>
lvl 50 Watchman Shii-Cho Server - Val rank 83
“All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.” - Sun Tzu EQ/EQ2/DAOC/WoW/Rift/LOTRO/SWTOR