Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The truth about Marauders


WNxAbaddon's Avatar


WNxAbaddon
03.13.2012 , 10:39 PM | #1
Taken from the holonet

Quote:
Wielding two sabers and unmatched aggression, Sith trained as Marauders
slice through enemy ranks, dealing death with merciless efficiency. Able to intuit
precisely how to attack in order to maximize every strike, their adversaries
become victims in the blink of an eye. Whether annihilating a squad of
Republic troops or cutting down a single Jedi, the Marauder sees and
exploits every weakness to exact the greatest toll. Never
hesitating, never faltering, there is no swifter bringer
of pain and damage in the galaxy
.
So far from the truth its unreal, As Anni spec, I max my dps in WZ around 200k / 300k I hit 300k once today, now I thought this as goto be a L2P issue am a experienced pvper and I am happy to admit that sometimes I need help, so I looked at guides and vids then it hits me. We have arguably the best CD's of any class and on short durations as well. we have Med armor, DPS is high but not as high as expected.

We are a support class, we are not the DPS monsters BW made out we SHOULD be, we are a 1v1 class in a MMO style game, anyone with a braincell isn't going to fight us 1v1 so I asked myself are we underpowered, I goto say for the most part no, not if you accept the fact were a support class at best, but If we are meant to be a melee dps then yes we are to really be a DPS melee class some things should change.

1.Change medium to heavy armor ( like every other melee dps in every other game )
2.White damage needs a slight boost

Now I know people will flame me but its the truth Marauders need a change we have 3 dps trees and 2 of them are meh I have tried all 3 and Anni is the one that flows the best. most of the time I get around 30 kills but am 3 or 4th on dps, next to ofc Sorcs / Pyros.

As a Melee DPS we should be getting better numbers than we are, or BW really need to look at how Marauders are meant to be played.
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

Zasekis's Avatar


Zasekis
03.13.2012 , 10:49 PM | #2
These warrior forums are littered with people saying marauder dps is the best in the game... I'm not gonna say L2P but maybe do some research.

WNxAbaddon's Avatar


WNxAbaddon
03.13.2012 , 10:57 PM | #3
I have and if its a L2P problem am happy to admit it, but tbh I would love to see who the people are saying we are the best in the next breath there wanting us nurffed I wonder why maby just maby some of them are noobs QQ about us am not saying they all are but a good 50%
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

idrik's Avatar


idrik
03.13.2012 , 11:37 PM | #4
I very rarely do under 300k damage in any of the 3 warzones unless I'm defending a node that no one comes to in alderaan or if I end up running the ball a lot in huttball. Hell I was doing 250-350k wearing full cent with champ weapons. I'm not sure if you're undergeared, not using your abilities properly , have a poor spec or what but if you feel like mara are underpowered you're doing something wrong. They are far from overpowered though , in fact they're in a pretty damn good place.

The people that think they need buffs are undergeared or do not know how to play the class to its potential, those that think they need nerfs probably have no idea how to fight a marauder and just get rolled. Just remember its a warrior class, they almost always feel lack luster until you get gear, it's part of what balances them.

With out actually seeing you play at all, I honestly don't think anyone will be able to help you properly but I can tell you for a fact that if you think we're a support class you're doing something extremely wrong. Yes we have some fantastic group buffs, but that's about 1/10th of a marauders roll.

WNxAbaddon's Avatar


WNxAbaddon
03.13.2012 , 11:44 PM | #5
Thanks idrik for the replay.

No am in full champ gear O_0 as for a vid I wouldnt know were to start tbh I got fraps tho if someone is willing to help me get it set up then ill post a vid.

http://tinypic.com/r/2m3piis/5 the picture is around the dps i do kills deaths ect

My build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRro0fGzZhZhr.1
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

eonfoo's Avatar


eonfoo
03.13.2012 , 11:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by idrik View Post
I very rarely do under 300k damage in any of the 3 warzones unless I'm defending a node that no one comes to in alderaan or if I end up running the ball a lot in huttball. Hell I was doing 250-350k wearing full cent with champ weapons. I'm not sure if you're undergeared, not using your abilities properly , have a poor spec or what but if you feel like mara are underpowered you're doing something wrong. They are far from overpowered though , in fact they're in a pretty damn good place.

The people that think they need buffs are undergeared or do not know how to play the class to its potential, those that think they need nerfs probably have no idea how to fight a marauder and just get rolled. Just remember its a warrior class, they almost always feel lack luster until you get gear, it's part of what balances them.

With out actually seeing you play at all, I honestly don't think anyone will be able to help you properly but I can tell you for a fact that if you think we're a support class you're doing something extremely wrong. Yes we have some fantastic group buffs, but that's about 1/10th of a marauders roll.
Out of curiousit whats your spec like? I was Anni for a long time and I loved it, however I wasn't seeing the numbers I wanted or the 1v1 ability, not to mention my gear was lower, however I tried rage out and I gotta say its faceroll easy...

Just curious because I know how great Anni can be with gear and a little bit of know-how

PS I leveled 10-50 as Anni and played through a good portion of 50 as Anni, so I don't think its a l2p thing

idrik's Avatar


idrik
03.13.2012 , 11:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post
Thanks idrik for the replay.

No am in full champ gear O_0 as for a vid I wouldnt know were to start tbh I got fraps tho if someone is willing to help me get it set up then ill post a vid.

http://tinypic.com/r/2m3piis/5 the picture is around the dps i do kills deaths ect

My build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRro0fGzZhZhr.1
Fraps is very straight forward , as far as using vegas or anything else to render the fraps footage ...you can find tutorials all over youtube explaining anything you need to know.

In full champ damage shouldn't be an issue but again I don't think anyone can tell you areas that you need to change/improve on without actually seeing you play.

WNxAbaddon's Avatar


WNxAbaddon
03.14.2012 , 12:01 AM | #8
Ok np

Really tho, am a experienced pvp player and not one to use OP classes, but something feels very lackluster with Anni at the moment, still its better than carnage and rage and thats saying something.

tbh I dont think its a L2P problem, I know the areas mates have said I can get better at, but really I should be getting bigger numbers
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

idrik's Avatar


idrik
03.14.2012 , 12:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by eonfoo View Post
Out of curiousit whats your spec like? I was Anni for a long time and I loved it, however I wasn't seeing the numbers I wanted or the 1v1 ability, not to mention my gear was lower, however I tried rage out and I gotta say its faceroll easy...

Just curious because I know how great Anni can be with gear and a little bit of know-how

PS I leveled 10-50 as Anni and played through a good portion of 50 as Anni, so I don't think its a l2p thing
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRbRMcGzZhMbZh.1 is the spec that I currently have, the 2 points in enraged charge are imo better spent in ferocity making it 33/5/3. I wanted to see how I felt about enraged charge , it's helpful but in no way needed where as 30% increased speed on predation is fantastic in every way.

I personally take seeping wound because its either that or blurred speed to get to t4 and I think 3 seconds off charge isn't necessary. It's been very few and far between where those 3 seconds are a game breaker. It also helps you get into your core rotation faster while applying a slow simply by using part of said rotation , charge > deadly saber > battering > anni / rupture depending on the situation > anni / rupture depending on what you did previously > crip slash. With globals / rage requirements you should be applying crippling slash right around the time your rupture is wearing off baring you don't get knocked back etc etc.


I played rage a lot while leveling , however at 50 it's pretty laughable. If you know what you're doing you can bug peoples smash out very easily , besides that in between bursts your damage bottoms out horribly. Vs any competent healer, your force crush wont stay on long enough to get you 2 stacks of shockwave .

idrik's Avatar


idrik
03.14.2012 , 12:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post
Ok np

Really tho, am a experienced pvp player and not one to use OP classes, but something feels very lackluster with Anni at the moment, still its better than carnage and rage and thats saying something.

tbh I dont think its a L2P problem, I know the areas mates have said I can get better at, but really I should be getting bigger numbers
Erm as annihilation you aren't going to be seeing huge numbers on anything besides annihilate , it's about doing very good sustained damage with burst mixed in. I can get my deadly saber to crit for 1600ish at 3 stacks and I think my ruptures are around 450-500, annihilates are critting anywhere from 3900-4900 depending on the gear the person I'm fighting is in and if I have relic / adrenal popped,screams are 2500ish.

Like I said before you're doing something wrong in your rotation or you're not using zerk properly. Between fights (Like running from A -B after a fight, not the second someone dies) you should be spamming sweeping slash to convert rage that would end up dissipating if not used into fury which lasts much longer. You can keep fury at 30 stacks a huge portion of the time by doing this, meaning you start most fights with 30 or you reach 30 very fast.

You might very well be an experienced PvPer but believe it or not marauders have a pretty high skill cap. The difference between an average mara and a good mara is pretty huge, I've trashed full BM mara using full cent + champ weapons by out playing them. Basically what I'm saying here is that you may be expecting the gear / class to carry too much weight in PvP without realizing just how much work goes into playing this particular class really well.