Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA 8man HM/Nm

vassilbg
03.14.2012 , 11:14 AM | #11
We completed NM mode last night with partial guild/partial pug. One shot on NM Soa. As mentioned above, as long as people know what to do on Lightning Balls, and healers are on top of it, its an easy fight.

DeasonBabway
03.14.2012 , 12:54 PM | #12
Quote:
sins can immune it
Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks,

yzzArc
03.14.2012 , 01:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by vassilbg View Post
We completed NM mode last night with partial guild/partial pug. One shot on NM Soa. As mentioned above, as long as people know what to do on Lightning Balls, and healers are on top of it, its an easy fight.
What do you do on the lightning balls. Our Sorcerers die from them 9 times out of 10, full health and bubble. It doesn't matter if they run through it, run up to it and stop in the middle, sprint through them, or stand still and let them hit them. The balls tick 3-4 times, 9 times out of 10. So if we get lucky and they all get that 1 time in the second phase and we make it to the 3 phase. They die to the ball when they have to blow it up in the 3rd phase. This is 8 man Soa.

Scrubtastic
03.14.2012 , 01:15 PM | #14
We've been doing NM Soa forever. When we started, they used to do 2-3 ticks and it's instant death or you make it out alive with a few hundred hp. And yes this is with trying to trun through it and stopping in the middle of the ball after it explodes. Then it got "fixed" and we've been taking double dmg since then.

Very rarely do I only take 1 tick when eating my ball as a healing sorc with 19k hp fully buff. And that's only if I stop in the middle of the ball after taking it to the face. Running through it even with sprint will always do a double tick (using sprint doesn't even destroy the ball so don't do that) I take about 20k dmg with my shield up in NM when it double ticks. Same **** happens to the rest of my raid but most of the other classes has some way to reduce the dmg by a lot.

DarthBloodloss
03.14.2012 , 01:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by yzzArc View Post
What do you do on the lightning balls. Our Sorcerers die from them 9 times out of 10, full health and bubble. It doesn't matter if they run through it, run up to it and stop in the middle, sprint through them, or stand still and let them hit them. The balls tick 3-4 times, 9 times out of 10. So if we get lucky and they all get that 1 time in the second phase and we make it to the 3 phase. They die to the ball when they have to blow it up in the 3rd phase. This is 8 man Soa.
If the balls tick you more than once then you are doing it wrong. You should line up with your ball and confirm its yours from about 15m away, all without taking any damage.

Then, just run through it. If it was your ball, it will pop and hit you hard and thats it. (At this point pray you dont get lifted into the air, but thats a whole nother story...)
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

angelana
03.14.2012 , 01:34 PM | #16
Best Practice in HM+ is to have atleast 1 Sage/Sorc heals for AOE heals and Bubbles. Other heal can be any other healing class.

-Have ranged dps stack in front of SOA while MDPS and Tanks get in melee. Move the stack only if they need to get closer to a Mind Prison to destroy it (Mind Prison destruction is more important than SoA dps as he has no timed enrage.) When the names are called for lightning balls, have the people called run diagonally away from the stack (in opposite directions) so they can find which ball is theirs and run through it to destroy it. (Head for the outer circle so you do not pull the ball through the mdps or stacked rdps) The sage/sorc needs to shield both targets if they can to soak as much dam as possible. If main tank is targeted, have them stay on SOA and soak it up with a sage/sorc shield. Other MDPS need to be careful not to get hit at that time. That is really all there is too it, keep to the outside so that others are not hit by the balls ranged attacks and have the sage/sorc shield soak most of the dam.

-Remember at the end of the 2nd phase to watch SOA's health so that you do not push him below 30% while someone is in the air or you will lose that person being thrown.

-Final stage is much the same, except you need to keep an eye out on pillars. (In HM you only get 4 pillars before he enrages so Tank needs to be good at positioning. But this also means you do not have to rush through 2nd stage as there is no timed enrage.)
Ja'Vetti Moskanova - Guildmaster VaccaVacca
It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.

Lugosi
03.14.2012 , 02:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
If the balls tick you more than once then you are doing it wrong. You should line up with your ball and confirm its yours from about 15m away, all without taking any damage.

Then, just run through it. If it was your ball, it will pop and hit you hard and thats it. (At this point pray you dont get lifted into the air, but thats a whole nother story...)
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315iN...&feature=share

Yeah, OK.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Scrubtastic
03.14.2012 , 02:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post

Try NM mode and see if you'll say the same thing. Sure double or even triple tick in HM isn't much 10-15k hp, but when it's 20k hp for two ticks in NM it's not so easy is it. And yes it almost always happens no matter what you do.

My guess is you're still running normal and maybe HM where the dmg is easy to heal through even with the double tick.

Ashane
03.14.2012 , 02:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DeasonBabway View Post
Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Force Shroud makes you immune to the ball lightning's damage, and Soa's damage, and Soa's "pillar drop", etc.

Shroud is your friend. <3
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Gavin_Darkl
03.14.2012 , 02:45 PM | #20
My only complain with HM SOA is this. The few times I been targeted by the lighting balls Both balls tracked me so it was hard to see which one was mine. You could make the Ball that is mine Red, I will run right too it take the damage and heal myself.